Prefilter protection needed???

R

Rokey199

Apr 24, 2020
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. Talon X
So I added a 10-80 Dirtsports prefilter and am looking for extra protection from mud and rain. Has anyone made a partial cover for this? I am thinking about making something or rerouting the prefilter thru the back window into the inside top of the cab, any thoughts?

R

Rokey199

Apr 24, 2020
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. Talon X
It did come with the Filterwears but I am looking for something more substantial with better protection, I live in the PNW. I just found Philcod’s post and think I will go that route for protection

Hondasxs

Hondasxs

Club Founder
Staff member
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Feb 13, 2013
Charlotte, NC
HondaSxS.com
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon R
Also, 10-80 was working on a rain cover at one point. not sure that ever came to lite.
I will say, I have mine mounted sideways and have been in some fairly heavy rain and even sprayed it lightly with the pressure washer to knock off the mud, Inside chamber was clean and only had 1 small run of water. Nothing concerning.

@highpocket74

PhilCod

PhilCod

Dec 10, 2019
Indiana
Ownership

1. Talon X
Here is what I did. I bought a trash can from Walmart and cut it down. Then I drilled a hole through the top of the filter and put a stainless steel bolt though. I put a lock nut to hold the bolt, then I drilled a hole in the cover and used a washer and a wing nut to hold it on. I also put a washer on top of the lock nut so the pressure from tightening the wing nut was distributed.

IMG 1509 1 IMG 1510 1 IMG 1501 1

R

Rokey199

Apr 24, 2020
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. Talon X
Here is what I did. I bought a trash can from Walmart and cut it down. Then I drilled a hole through the top of the filter and put a stainless steel bolt though. I put a lock nut to hold the bolt, then I drilled a hole in the cover and used a washer and a wing nut to hold it on. I also put a washer on top of the lock nut so the pressure from tightening the wing nut was distributed.

View attachment 392103 View attachment 392104 View attachment 392105
Thanks, that is what I did, already found your post about this, came out good!!

Scoop

Scoop

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Sep 7, 2021
Michigan
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon R LV
So the can is slightly larger in diameter than the filter so it lets air through, but keeps the water out? Nice job.

EDIT: Still waiting for someone to ask, 'You gotta link for that trash can?" :D

highpocket74

highpocket74

Vendor
Jul 2, 2019
Kinder, Louisiana
www.10-80dirtsports.com
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. Talon X

View attachment 392103 View attachment 392104 View attachment 392105
I've toyed with the idea of 3d printing something like this for the filters. Probably need to get back on that soon.

Reactions: lowranger

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!