Pristine Pioneers; How Deep Do You Clean?

C

Chooglin

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: jinx and Deluxe700
100Acre

100Acre

Samsquinch the Terrible Magic Bean Manipulator
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Apr 25, 2017
Idaho
Ownership

1. 1000-5
All the time is riding season. You just have to sometimes go somewhere the weather is nice. Arizona at Roosevelt Reservoir this past February.
IMG 3540

Caper

Caper

May 3, 2017
Halifax Nova Scotia
Ownership

1. 500
This is the first OHV I personally have ever owned and I'd like it last for some time to come. Coming back from the Takeover I think the Scarab gained a few lbs of mud, clay, brush, rocks, animal and insect parts . When you wash your machines, do you just blow off the leaves, dust and mud or do you pressure wash every nook and cranny? Obviously a clean machine will last in the long run but do you ever clean it like you're gonna sell it and how often do you give it a deep thorough cleaning? No, I'm not selling mine just yet, but I want it to last and run well for some time to come. I have a SunJoe electric pressure washer I got off amazon to wash produce grown here on the farm and it works well cleaning the machine for the most part and was a heck of a lot cheaper than buying a gas powered Honda or any other brand. My UHMW skid plates seem to be holding some of the detritus(debris) in hard to reach places and I was wondering if you guys ever remove your skid plates to get a thorough cleaning as well as how often do you do a really thorough job ? Lastly are there areas or wiring above and below that I need to avoid blasting?
I thank thee...
Hi 100. It’s Caper. I have had mine up to the hood in muk and I will hose it off at the camp and when I get home I pressure wash it and wash with soap then hose off under hood and under seat. I had it in for service and Pro Honda guys said that I can’t be driving it anywhere, until they got into it. But I take care of everything I own. It still looks new. Hope that helped.
Caper

Reactions: 100Acre
Caper

Caper

May 3, 2017
Halifax Nova Scotia
Ownership

1. 500
Hi 100. It’s Caper. I have had mine up to the hood in muk and I will hose it off at the camp and when I get home I pressure wash it and wash with soap then hose off under hood and under seat. I had it in for service and Pro Honda guys said that I can’t be driving it anywhere, until they got into it. But I take care of everything I own. It still looks new. Hope that helped.
Caper
Caper again. I wish I could have been at Takeover. Sounded and looked fun.

Reactions: markie and 100Acre
Bastardchild

Bastardchild

Nov 3, 2016
Orange Heights, fl
Ownership

1. 500

2. 1000-5
I normally back the ass end down the loading ramp of my trailer and leave the front end up the ramps. Wash with a bucket of suds and a wash broom. A lot of times it will look clean as heck while its wet, but when it dries it looks like you never washed it lol. Hit it with some Armour all tire foam spray all over and when the foam goes away it looks like a million bucks.

Caper

Caper

May 3, 2017
Halifax Nova Scotia
Ownership

1. 500
That was kind of my point. ;)
We had a good year for snow in Cape Breton this year, meaning we didn't get a lot. Some years we can have 7 feet on the ground around my camp. It's then snowmobiles rule. And no I don't have one. Haha This was the first year in a while we could drive MOST of the winter. Not too good for snowmobiles this year. It's starting to get nice , and lobster season is about to open. Yum . From The Great White North. Haha . Have a great summer. Drive safe.
Caper

Reactions: 100Acre
advertisement
Montecresto

Montecresto

Montecresto el segundo
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jan 17, 2016
Eastern oklahoma
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500

3. 1000-3

4. 1000-5

5. Talon X4
I normally back the ass end down the loading ramp of my trailer and leave the front end up the ramps. Wash with a bucket of suds and a wash broom. A lot of times it will look clean as heck while its wet, but when it dries it looks like you never washed it lol. Hit it with some Armour all tire foam spray all over and when the foam goes away it looks like a million bucks.
10-4 on the Armour All!!!

Montecresto

Montecresto

Montecresto el segundo
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jan 17, 2016
Eastern oklahoma
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500

3. 1000-3

4. 1000-5

5. Talon X4
We had a good year for snow in Cape Breton this year, meaning we didn't get a lot. Some years we can have 7 feet on the ground around my camp. It's then snowmobiles rule. And no I don't have one. Haha This was the first year in a while we could drive MOST of the winter. Not too good for snowmobiles this year. It's starting to get nice , and lobster season is about to open. Yum . From The Great White North. Haha . Have a great summer. Drive safe.
Caper
Roger that. I was able to ride all winter in the New Mexico Rockies too so my riding season never ended! Hope you have a great summer of riding as well.

Remington

Remington

Deputy Fife POIDH Enforcement Officer
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jul 24, 2016
Michigan
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X
I cleaned everything pretty thoroughly with a garden hose, under hood, wheel wells and everything else I could get to. Then wiped the hood, seats, dash and windshield down with a rag. Plan to remove skids this weekend and get everything I can under there. That TN mud is like glue!
Hay...you coming over to do mine? I know a guy with some NY Strip steak :D

Reactions: Caper and trigger
Smitty335

Smitty335

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 3, 2016
NWA Arkansas
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
Caper
I had a friend of mine turn me on to REAL Oxy Clean, I can only find it at Lowes, not Tide with Oxy Clean, REAL Oxy Clean. Hose the mud off spray it down with the Oxy Clean, let it set and pressure wash it off, works great! Then use Maxama SC 1 protectant, makes Armor All look like water

Montecresto

Montecresto

Montecresto el segundo
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jan 17, 2016
Eastern oklahoma
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500

3. 1000-3

4. 1000-5

5. Talon X4
I had a friend of mine turn me on to REAL Oxy Clean, I can only find it at Lowes, not Tide with Oxy Clean, REAL Oxy Clean. Hose the mud off spray it down with the Oxy Clean, let it set and pressure wash it off, works great! Then use Maxama SC 1 protectant, makes Armor All look like water
Where’s the maxama come from??

Reactions: Bastardchild
Caper

Caper

May 3, 2017
Halifax Nova Scotia
Ownership

1. 500
I get the SC1 at the Honda dealer. It's what they use to make a bike shine. It will actually clean up a few scratches too. And it helps with the mud coming off a little better. Gotta keep them looking good. At least better than my brothers RZR. Haha But he can't drive it in the mud. Too many electronics. Haha Trailer queen. Haha
Caper

Reactions: Smitty335

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!