P700 Problem installing aftermarket LED's

B

bassadict69

Nov 23, 2020
Benton, La
Ownership

1. 700-4
After reading tons of posts and seeing several who had replaced their headlamp bulbs with these, I bit the bullet and placed my order.

The tabs on the new bulbs look like they are correct and they do match up with the slots in the housing, but I cannot push them in far enough to turn a 1/4 turn to lock them into place. Anyone else had that problem?

Stark Industries Phantom Series

Reactions: Smitty335
B

bassadict69

Nov 23, 2020
Benton, La
Ownership

1. 700-4
JimmyA, did they install easily?

I have messed around with these off and on all morning and cannot get them installed, even without the rubber washer. I have requested a return through Amazon and will be returning them.

trigger

trigger

Old Ironsides
Vendor
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Feb 13, 2016
Bay City, Michigan
www.quickshieldutv.com
Ownership

1. 500

I have messed around with these off and on all morning and cannot get them installed, even without the rubber washer. I have requested a return through Amazon and will be returning them.

I read reviews of these after reading your post and some stated that they had to shave down the plastic ring behind the rubber washer or something.

Reactions: Mudwing
B

bassadict69

Nov 23, 2020
Benton, La
Ownership

1. 700-4
I have not ready many posts at all saying replacement bulbs made much difference, a whiter light, but not brighter, so I will just wait and get a bar soon.

JimmyA

JimmyA

Oct 8, 2017
Northeast texas
Ownership

1. 700-4

Mine came with 2 rubber washers and I removed one and the install was fine! I did keep them incase later on needs.

V

Vstingray

Dec 1, 2020
Ohio
Ownership

1. 700-2
Sooo much brighter! I installed those exact Stark ones you bought and the difference is incredible! For me, it pushed adding a lightbar way down the priority list.
Did you have issues installing them?

03mossy

03mossy

Jun 20, 2018
MN
Ownership

1. 700-4

2. Other Brand
Yeah they were actually a bit of a pain in the ass. I removed the rubber washer like one of the other members suggested. Then lined up the tabs and turned them in the opposite way you think you should and they clicked right in. Took me longer than I thought it should have.

V

Vstingray

Dec 1, 2020
Ohio
Ownership

1. 700-2
Yeah they were actually a bit of a pain in the ass. I removed the rubber washer like one of the other members suggested. Then lined up the tabs and turned them in the opposite way you think you should and they clicked right in. Took me longer than I thought it should have.
Good to know! Every bit of advice helps

B

bassadict69

Nov 23, 2020
Benton, La
Ownership

1. 700-4
I pushed like hell and when I would attempt to turn them (either direction), they would pop back out, if they would turn at all.

Reactions: Smitty335

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!