P1000 Problem with SuperATV control arms

D

davidbrickey

Dec 1, 2021
Parrish, FL
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon R
I am installing front and rear arms, 6in portals and a SATV frame brace on my 21 Pioneer. Front went together beautifully, but the rear lower arms seems to have the tabs welded in the wrong spot. The portal brackets nor the factory arms will fit between the tabs. Its not even close. I actually spoke to SATV yesterday and said to pry the tabs apart to make it fit, but as you can see…thats not gonna work. I would have to pry them more than you see for them to even think about fitting. I called them back and said I needed to file a claim with the website I ordered everything from. Now it will be 48hrs or so before I hear something back according to the website.
Has anybody ran into this before?
Thanks!?
CD520BA6 EFFA 4AC0 9013 2C48BCB4CA50

98D8B555 B21D 48A2 8B24 8982EE318205

45C47716 678C 4F02 A422 DBFD8D2F08C4

3E298D8B D1D7 4F55 9EE1 72B1C90B990E

russknight

russknight

Lifetime Member
Apr 13, 2019
Perry Florida
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-3
I am installing front and rear arms, 6in portals and a SATV frame brace on my 21 Pioneer. Front went together beautifully, but the rear lower arms seems to have the tabs welded in the wrong spot. The portal brackets nor the factory arms will fit between the tabs. Its not even close. I actually spoke to SATV yesterday and said to pry the tabs apart to make it fit, but as you can see…thats not gonna work. I would have to pry them more than you see for them to even think about fitting. I called them back and said I needed to file a claim with the website I ordered everything from. Now it will be 48hrs or so before I hear something back according to the website.
Has anybody ran into this before?
Thanks!?
View attachment 321926
View attachment 321927
View attachment 321928
View attachment 321929

Dat ain't right.

D

davidbrickey

Dec 1, 2021
Parrish, FL
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon R
The sleeve and the bushing measure the same width as the factory knuckle and bushings. Im convinced the arms are the issue. Nothing seems to fit in these arms. Its about a 1/4in off at the holes…whoch means I would have to pry much more than that to get them in.

Remington

Remington

Deputy Fife POIDH Enforcement Officer
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jul 24, 2016
Michigan
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X
Small update. The company I ordered through just called me and said SATV is asking for my vin. I gave it to her and she said in the next few days they will be in touch again.
You’ll get a quicker answer from @SuperATV in here tomorrow. If hes not busy hes on in the 4-5pm hr.
but @snuffnwhisky knows his stuff so I got cabbage on his hypothesis.

advertisement
D

davidbrickey

Dec 1, 2021
Parrish, FL
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon R
Just catching up....

Looking kinda funky! I doubt the VIN is going to tell us anything. Feel free to shoot me a PM with whoever you've been talking to here at the shop so I can catch up here and keep an eye on it. I think Snuff may be onto it.
thanks buddy!!! I would tell you who I have been dealing with, but SATV told me I had to deal with the website I ordered the arms from. That is who requested the VIN, and they said SATV asked them for it.

I will pull out the caliper tonight and measure the portal bushings and stock knuckle bushings tonight when I get home and report back. I do know that neither the stock knuckle, nor the portal brackets would fit in the lower arms, but I can get some measurements tonight.

on a side note, do I have to contact my dealer or the website I ordered parts from for all SATV products that I have?

Thanks again!

D

davidbrickey

Dec 1, 2021
Parrish, FL
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon R
Well I measured the superATV portal bracket with bushings and the factory Honda knuckle with the factory bushings. They seem pretty darn close in my opinion. Any chance you can get me what the interior measurement on the LCA tabs are supposed to be @SuperATV

Thanks!!!!

1012D923 5ECE 4B2C A96F 0DCD870DB677 03E175B6 533C 4A47 885B DC34A30128CC

russknight

russknight

Lifetime Member
Apr 13, 2019
Perry Florida
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-3
SuperATV

SuperATV

Vendor
Dec 5, 2013
Madison, IN
www.superatv.com
thanks buddy!!! I would tell you who I have been dealing with, but SATV told me I had to deal with the website I ordered the arms from. That is who requested the VIN, and they said SATV asked them for it.

I will pull out the caliper tonight and measure the portal bushings and stock knuckle bushings tonight when I get home and report back. I do know that neither the stock knuckle, nor the portal brackets would fit in the lower arms, but I can get some measurements tonight.

on a side note, do I have to contact my dealer or the website I ordered parts from for all SATV products that I have?

Thanks again!
Well I measured the superATV portal bracket with bushings and the factory Honda knuckle with the factory bushings. They seem pretty darn close in my opinion. Any chance you can get me what the interior measurement on the LCA tabs are supposed to be @SuperATV

Thanks!!!!

View attachment 322122 View attachment 322123
You can always message me here dude. I can keep an eye on everything from the inside. I'm guessing they just want to know if they dealer ordered the right stuff. Shoot me a PM with anything and everything so I can monitor on my end. Go ahead and shoot me all that order info you have, and your address if we shipped it to you....that way I've got it all together. And maybe your phone number so I can give you a ring when if I catch something funky.
I'm sure I'll catch whatever it is. I'm just having a brain fart right now with the pics. The portal bracket looks dead-nuts on. I'm wondering if the arm holes are drilled out a little funky. PM me all that stuff, and I'll take over from here.

D

davidbrickey

Dec 1, 2021
Parrish, FL
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon R
You can always message me here dude. I can keep an eye on everything from the inside. I'm guessing they just want to know if they dealer ordered the right stuff. Shoot me a PM with anything and everything so I can monitor on my end. Go ahead and shoot me all that order info you have, and your address if we shipped it to you....that way I've got it all together. And maybe your phone number so I can give you a ring when if I catch something funky.
I'm sure I'll catch whatever it is. I'm just having a brain fart right now with the pics. The portal bracket looks dead-nuts on. I'm wondering if the arm holes are drilled out a little funky. PM me all that stuff, and I'll take over from here.
PMsent brother

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!