BOX1

P700 Propeller shaft issues 700-4

P

Pioneer 700-4

Apr 4, 2021
Dierks AR
Ownership

1. 700-4
Has 35 miles and the shaft will not stay engaged at speed. I can take a bar and push in the boot and it will work again for a few seconds. Dealer cannot fix it. Already been there once with it. I guess I will be forced to fix it myself!
Any help would be appreciated! Thx

sporttrac4x4

sporttrac4x4

Lifetime Member
Jan 7, 2016
ILL.
Ownership

1. Other Brand
P

Pioneer 700-4

Apr 4, 2021
Dierks AR
Ownership

1. 700-4
Front/Rear?

Into the diff or engine side?
From the transmission rear shaft (engine side) it slips in the first joint at the boot. Looks like a u joint the boot covers on the diagram.

P

Pioneer 700-4

Apr 4, 2021
Dierks AR
Ownership

1. 700-4
Dealership is 4 hours one way. Can’t do that everyday. Looks like the Honda isn’t the machine I was told about.

DG Rider

DG Rider

Member: Triple Clutch Club
Lifetime Member
Aug 14, 2013
Casa Grande, AZ
Ownership

1. 700-2
My advice: Bite the bullet and take it back. Splines could have been damaged, etc. Make them fix the mistake.

Sounds like the engine or rear diff is moving excessively. Some have reported missing bolts on the engine-to-cradle mounts. Have someone get in and brake torque the machine while you watch. The 700 moves around quite a bit normally, but this should be obvious.

P

Pioneer 700-4

Apr 4, 2021
Dierks AR
Ownership

1. 700-4
My advice: Bite the bullet and take it back. Splines could have been damaged, etc. Make them fix the mistake.

Sounds like the engine or rear diff is moving excessively. Some have reported missing bolts on the engine-to-cradle mounts. Have someone get in and brake torque the machine while you watch. The 700 moves around quite a bit normally, but this should be obvious.
Yesterday afternoon it worked as it should. I’m going to hook up my GoPro for when it happens again.

Reactions: DG Rider
Glock21user

Glock21user

" Nothing succeeds like excess "
Lifetime Member
Dec 16, 2018
Livingston county, Mi.
Ownership

1. 700-4
If it is new with 40 miles then take it to a dealer.
Popping out and being put back in the chance of spline damage is likely.
The 700-4 is a brutally reliable platform, we have one that gets used for farm chores and hauling people, deer and wood in the snowy Michigan woods without any issues.
Everyone makes a bad machine every now and again no one is perfect so save the drama about Honda not being what you were told and let's get to sorting out your issue.
Welcome to the forum from the Mitten.

Last edited:
P

Pioneer 700-4

Apr 4, 2021
Dierks AR
Ownership

1. 700-4
If it is new with 40 miles then take it to a dealer.
Popping out and being put back in the chance of spline damage is likely.
The 700-4 is a brutally reliable platform, we have one that gets used for farm chores and hauling people, deer and wood in the snowy Michigan woods without any issues.
Everyone makes a bad machine every now and again no one is perfect so save the drama about Honda not being what you were told and let's get to sorting out your issue.
Welcome to the forum from the Mitten.
The shaft drive setup was the main reason I went with Honda over Polaris. So I assume you can understand the frustrations....

Glock21user

Glock21user

" Nothing succeeds like excess "
Lifetime Member
Dec 16, 2018
Livingston county, Mi.
Ownership

1. 700-4
Mo
The shaft drive setup was the main reason I went with Honda over Polaris. So I assume you can understand the frustrations....
Most definitely I can, but rest assured once this abnormality gets repaired properly you will have a great machine that is reliable.
We here on the Honda Pioneer Forum see this site as a sort of home place for like minded folks we squabble and bicker at times but just about anyone of us would stop to help any honda rider in need, anywhere.
Welcome the FAMILY.

Reactions: Mudwing
BOX2
box3

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!