P500 Proper electrical setup

F

Fake_Engineer

May 23, 2020
maine
Ownership

1. 500
So, I'm looking to add some accessories to my P500. And I guess I'm looking for suggestions on the proper way to wire this up. So atm the machine has a winch and sound bar hooked up. I didn't install either, so it very well may need to be rewired. On top of that I'm looking to add some lighting to the machine. Likely a small light bar on top or front, rock lights, and maybe another small light bar for reverse. Looking at this makes me wonder if the 500s system can handle all of that? (Even if not all on simultaneously) I just would like to do this right from the start. Any thoughts?

To clarify, should I be looking at a 2nd battery? Are you guys going from the battery to an under hood fuse box and from there to accessories?

Last edited:
PJ1

PJ1

FIREBALL P-500
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jun 20, 2020
Massachusetts
Ownership

1. 500
Well I've done a bit of reading here and decided on 150A waterproof breaker near the battery. Not done yet on order. The Blue Sea bus bar. On order, will mount under hood. I will lift the terminals from the winch solenoid and move them to the bus bar, then run short #4 wire to the solenoid from bus bar. I bought the Honda harness and so far have used the green hot to power cab winch switch on acc. power. The plug in remote remains hot with key off.

Next is lighting. Have switches and pre wired them. I cut out the three spots on my '15 dash with a razor knife. Will use the Honda harness to power 2 switches with low amp fuse. Output of switches will trigger relay for lights front and rear. Power for lights will come fused 20A from bus bar so no worries on power draw. I don't see a need for second battery at this point but something to consider if I add more blings and things.

Reactions: Mudder

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!