futzin

futzin

Lifetime Member
Sep 10, 2019
Kentucky
Ownership

1. 500

2. 520
I measured my clearance height on stock shocks (on 27s), then installed and adjusted the E1s to same. Seems fine, though they tend to squeak at times. I spray dry lube on them occasionally, which helps for a while.

I answered their questions about cargo weight etc as accurately as I could. When I first got the Elkas I installed them as is. Too low and too soft really, though the softness was nice when the terrain was reasonable. But I was bottoming out the shocks and skid at times; was lower than stock height, and softer. All good now.

Jason W

Jason W

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Mar 17, 2024
Western NC mtns
Ownership

1. 500
Measure from center body of.machine to floor im assuming, not anywhere on suspension.

So with no crap amd not me in it Baseline measure, then with elkas, same height with me and my junk in it correct?

trigger

trigger

Old Ironsides
Vendor
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Feb 13, 2016
Bay City, Michigan
www.quickshieldutv.com
Ownership

1. 500
Measure from center body of.machine to floor im assuming, not anywhere on suspension.

So with no crap amd not me in it Baseline measure, then with elkas, same height with me and my junk in it correct?
I measured from the ground to the underside of the wheel well all the way around.

futzin

futzin

Lifetime Member
Sep 10, 2019
Kentucky
Ownership

1. 500

2. 520
I measured ground to bottom of frame near each wheel.

Reactions: NTCPrezJB
futzin

futzin

Lifetime Member
Sep 10, 2019
Kentucky
Ownership

1. 500

2. 520
I didn't sweat it. I measured with gear on it and no one in it, each set of shocks, and called it good.

Reactions: NTCPrezJB

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!