Bastardchild

Bastardchild

Nov 3, 2016
Orange Heights, fl
Ownership

1. 500

2. 1000-5
@Bastardchild, always like your vids.

You ever decide what you're next build is?
My next build was going to be a P7 on the 6" portals and 35s that I had on my P5. Then I decided whatever I get next will already be built. Like maybe get something 3 or 4 years old that has already been lifted with portals and big tires. Looked at all kinds of stuff for a few months. Then I revisited the thought of getting an Argo type amphibious machine. Like a 6x6 or 8x8. I kinda fell in love with the Mudd Ox brand 8x8s with tracks. Quickly found out the lower end used models are more expensive than a new sxs. Started studying up on the Max II and Max IV 6x6 amphibious vehicles. Come to find out they have Borg Warner T-20 transmissions in them that can be modified, or 'split' to make the machine do 'zero' turns instead of only being able to 'skid steer' turn it. Thinking back to many swampy trail rides I can recall where the ability to zero turn a machine would have been super helpful. Soooo, Im kinda leaning towards a Max 6x6 with tracks now. I actually was talking with a guy up north of Mobile, Alabama who had one for sale for $3500 with an upgraded 23HP Briggs Vanguard engine on it with all new chains and sprockets. We loosely planned on me coming up there today 11-15-2020 to buy it. Then a few days later the news said the hurricane was heading for Mobile Alabama so I decided I didnt wanna travel 5 hours one way and try to deal with hurricane damage everywhere just to try and buy a 6x6. Lol Sooooo, Thats kinda what Im leaning towards. I can picture it with a custom built roof with wakeboard tower speakers hanging off the back, windshield like I built on my P5 with the slots cut in the windshield like mud trucks do so no matter how muddy the windshield gets I can still see out. Glow whip antennas off the back, winch on front and back, beer cooler turnbuckled in, etc...Ive never seen one like that. Just about every one I have ever seen has been kinda plain and boring lol. Thats what Im leaning towards now but who knows!! Lol

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!