P700 Pull starter

B

Bigseff23

Feb 9, 2020
Lakeland Florida
Ownership

1. 700-4
Has anyone else has the thought of adding a Rincon pull starter to their Pioneer? I feel like it should be a direct bolt on and they're like $30 bucks online. I fell like it might be cheap insurance out in the woods if your starter get full of mud and water or the battery gets weak

Gator

Gator

The Most Unknown Member
Lifetime Member
Sep 16, 2015
Louisiana
Ownership

1. 700-2
On the older 420s you had to add a relay to keep power in the system to run the fuel pump.

If the battery is dead, you'd have a hard time getting enough power to run all the electronics.
Good point, injectors need voltage to open.

Reactions: Ridinfool
B

Bigseff23

Feb 9, 2020
Lakeland Florida
Ownership

1. 700-4
I have pull started a Rincon. Not fun but better then pushing it back to camp lol. I know it wouldn't work for a 100% dead battery but if it's weak and maybe had 10v or so it might considering your starter take 95% of the power to start it there might be enough for the PCM, fuel pump and injector, i think it might be cheap insurance, I can get the pull stater and flywheel bolt that engages it for under 80 bucks. I think I'm going to try it. So what the hell, I've wasted more money on dumber stuff lol

advertisement
H

HondaTech

I have pull started a Rincon. Not fun but better then pushing it back to camp lol. I know it wouldn't work for a 100% dead battery but if it's weak and maybe had 10v or so it might considering your starter take 95% of the power to start it there might be enough for the PCM, fuel pump and injector, i think it might be cheap insurance, I can get the pull stater and flywheel bolt that engages it for under 80 bucks. I think I'm going to try it. So what the hell, I've wasted more money on dumber stuff lol

The units with factory pull starters have ways to start without full voltage. The Ranchers without recoil starters need a condenser and extra regulator to make up for it.

L

lowrider

Lifetime Member
Nov 1, 2020
Idaho Panhandle
Ownership

1. 700-2
Haven't thought this out...but...has anyone put a belt driven alternator on a 700 or 1000? Maybe off a drive shaft that could charge when you are moving? I suppose the 2nd battery might be plenty of power if there isn't too much winching going on. Just a thought.

Ridinfool

Ridinfool

NTC’ s special Ed student of the year
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Mar 20, 2020
Western North Carolina
Ownership

1. 1000-5
All this talk about adding stuff has got me thinking...🤔 wonder if I could add an ice machine and a blender so I could make frozen daiquiris when I get stuck, or somebody else gets stuck or broke or whatever, you know how the trails can be. Just not sure where to store the booze.🤔

JenElio

JenElio

NTC's NoMo Chupacabra Caliente!!....
Lifetime Member
Oct 31, 2019
Loxahatchee, florida
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5
All this talk about adding stuff has got me thinking...🤔 wonder if I could add an ice machine and a blender so I could make frozen daiquiris when I get stuck, or somebody else gets stuck or broke or whatever, you know how the trails can be. Just not sure where to store the booze.🤔
Just so we're clear on this......how big a blade could you put on said blender?

advertisement