P700 Steering shaft push pull play fix

M

Mobiltoy

Jan 1, 2024
Usa
Ownership

1. 700-4
After I installed the satv power steering i have in and out play in the steering wheel. The nylock must have been torqued too much by me. Steering if tight and has several hundred miles on it. Just the wheel will pull up and down about an 1/8-1/4 inch it feels like. Looks like under the steering wheel there is a bushing or something similar that is damaged.
Any thoughts on a fix. Yes i have done my best to search but only get alignment related issues.Thanks

M

Mobiltoy

Jan 1, 2024
Usa
Ownership

1. 700-4
Should I move this thread?

Remington

Remington

Deputy Fife POIDH Enforcement Officer
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jul 24, 2016
Michigan
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X
Should I move this thread?
Why and to where?
Just be patient @SuperATV will be along. He does have a job durning the day.
He usually peaks in after 4pm mostly.

BTW where is the state USA? Never hard of it

Reactions: SuperATV
M

Mobiltoy

Jan 1, 2024
Usa
Ownership

1. 700-4
Thanks I need to be patient.
Didn’t specify state only location. Im located in se Missouri.

Reactions: Remington
Remington

Remington

Deputy Fife POIDH Enforcement Officer
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jul 24, 2016
Michigan
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X
Thanks I need to be patient.
Didn’t specify state only location. Im located in se Missouri.
Very nice! Might want to fix that in your avitar unless u dont mind being asked that alot lol

Also, dont forget to hit REPLY see above, when replying to a persons post so they get a notice. Not many are on as much as a few of us and wont see that u replied if you dont.
@SuperATV will be along shortly.
They also have a great tech support if u call them. But if u do, make sure to come back on this thread and state the fix so it might help others searching. Oh and provide pics of it and the rig. Every little bit helps. 😉

SuperATV

SuperATV

Vendor
Dec 5, 2013
Madison, IN
www.superatv.com
@SuperATV
bda66f96-4470-4cdf-af3a-8fb854cab1c0_text.gif

Thanks Remmy!!

SuperATV

SuperATV

Vendor
Dec 5, 2013
Madison, IN
www.superatv.com
After I installed the satv power steering i have in and out play in the steering wheel. The nylock must have been torqued too much by me. Steering if tight and has several hundred miles on it. Just the wheel will pull up and down about an 1/8-1/4 inch it feels like. Looks like under the steering wheel there is a bushing or something similar that is damaged.
Any thoughts on a fix. Yes i have done my best to search but only get alignment related issues.Thanks
Hey @Mobiltoy !
Sounds like you either need to tighten up one of the pinch bolts in the steering shafts or adjust the length of one of the shafts. Make sure all those bolts are tight.

There's some in and out play on most of the OEM units anyway. I'd have somebody push in all the way or pull out all the way, and make sure its all tight. (nomo)

Also, check to make sure that you got the clip back on the OEM steering shaft.

Nc ohcY4W64H5 uSgAX 3Rwy5 nc htscontentfind1 1

M

Mobiltoy

Jan 1, 2024
Usa
Ownership

1. 700-4
Thanks to all for the information. I didn’t have to take off a c clip. 2023 model. I will check all the u joints as suggested. It was a very tight space with the install. Couple hickups but overall good. Hopefully more to come

M

Mobiltoy

Jan 1, 2024
Usa
Ownership

1. 700-4
I found the upper pinch bolt needed a couple more turns. On this year access was very tight and if I remember it was the last one to get tightened. Must have been tired by then. I did put witness marks on all the bolts initially and all are still good. Steering wheel movement fixed. Thanks for the help

M

Mobiltoy

Jan 1, 2024
Usa
Ownership

1. 700-4
Hey @Mobiltoy !
Sounds like you either need to tighten up one of the pinch bolts in the steering shafts or adjust the length of one of the shafts. Make sure all those bolts are tight.

There's some in and out play on most of the OEM units anyway. I'd have somebody push in all the way or pull out all the way, and make sure its all tight. (nomo)

Also, check to make sure that you got the clip back on the OEM steering shaft.

View attachment 417599
Thanks it fixed it. Nice product and service.

Buggyman

Buggyman

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jan 3, 2020
ne. ohio
Ownership

1. 700-2
I found the upper pinch bolt needed a couple more turns. On this year access was very tight and if I remember it was the last one to get tightened. Must have been tired by then. I did put witness marks on all the bolts initially and all are still good. Steering wheel movement fixed. Thanks for the help
Thanks for the follow up and glad ya got it fixed.

Reactions: SuperATV and osobad

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!