P500 Question cleaning engine, aluminum and hoses

D

Deltaokra

Nov 26, 2016
Mississippi
Ownership

1. 500
I have some stained dirt/brown color on the engine, aluminum and hoses. It's not that bad but it is visible and it is driving me nuts bc I am obsessive about cleaning it after I get it muddy. I read on several forums about using Eagle One etching and other etching products, and then decided against it bc the potential for damage and other issues.

Anybody have any safe recommendations for cleaning getting this stuff off the aluminum and hoses? Is this something to just live with or is there anything someone has had luck with that is safe?

Thanks so much!!!

ehart814

ehart814

Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Mar 28, 2016
NWPA
Ownership

1. 500

2. 1000-5
U can go to Walmart and buy a jug of Super Clean. Get a cheap pump up sprayer. Dilute it with water (half water half superclean). Hose buggy down good then soak all those areas with the sprayer. Let it sit a couple minutes and then hose the cleaner off. It works pretty well. U can also use a scrub brush to help get the mud off. The superclean is pretty good stuff and I don't believe it will hurt anything when diluted.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Tflynn

Tflynn

Not a liberal
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Jan 12, 2015
Northern California
Ownership

1. 700-2
If you're really obsessed about it you could even spray those areas down with wd-40 before you go out and ride then that crap won't stick in the first place.

O

oldfortyfive

Lifetime Member
Dec 6, 2015
Illinois
Ownership

1. 500
Make sure when you are done you give all the areas a good rinsing with water. A great many cleaning agents will react with aluminum over time. A good rinsing will take care of the problem.