P500 Question on clutch adjustment

F

Fischer

Dec 22, 2019
The woods
Ownership

1. 500
Just adjusted the clutch on pioneer 500. So I went one turn clockwise, then counter clockwise to resistance then 1/4 turn clockwise again. Still kind of out a bit so I figured I would try 1/3 turn this time. Question is, do I have to do the whole process again or, just loosen the nut, then turn clockwise until it hits 1/3 of a turn?

Reactions: DG Rider
DG Rider

DG Rider

Member: Triple Clutch Club
Lifetime Member
Aug 14, 2013
Casa Grande, AZ
Ownership

1. 700-2
Just adjusted the clutch on pioneer 500. So I went one turn clockwise, then counter clockwise to resistance then 1/4 turn clockwise again. Still kind of out a bit so I figured I would try 1/3 turn this time. Question is, do I have to do the whole process again or, just loosen the nut, then turn clockwise until it hits 1/3 of a turn?
No. If you're fine tuning it (which is a common need), there is no need to do the whole thing over.
I will say that with mine, you had to ride around for a few minutes to get a real feel for the adjustment. Those 1st several shifts tend to be misleading after sitting for a bit.

Reactions: Mudder and Fischer

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!