Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Dec 18, 2017
Missouri
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Hey guys,

I’m pretty sure I’m going to make the trip to royal blue sometime in May but had a few questions about the place that I’m sure many of you could help me with.

1. I’m planning on taking my sons 125cc quad with us and that would be what he would ride. He’s only 7 but has been riding and driving my side by sides the past couple years. Are there trails that he can handle that still have pretty good views?

2. Since we are taking our son, can we stay off the main road(highway)?

3. What are a few things fun to do in the area? I’m probably going to make about a 4 day trip out of it and I know my wife won’t want to ride for four days.

Thanks In advance for all info you can pass along.

sharp

sharp

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jan 27, 2016
Tennessee
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Hey guys,

I’m pretty sure I’m going to make the trip to royal blue sometime in May but had a few questions about the place that I’m sure many of you could help me with.

1. I’m planning on taking my sons 125cc quad with us and that would be what he would ride. He’s only 7 but has been riding and driving my side by sides the past couple years. Are there trails that he can handle that still have pretty good views?

3. What are a few things fun to do in the area? I’m probably going to make about a 4 day trip out of it and I know my wife won’t want to ride for four days.

The little four wheeler might have a hard time if the trails are rutted out. Sometimes they will maintain the trail from royal blue campground to the main trail system after that you never know what the trails will look like. As far as other things to do you may have to drive a little ways. Riding is basically the only thing to do.

Reactions: markie
Plumber32

Plumber32

Go ride!
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Jun 15, 2014
Wisconsin
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Hey guys,

I'd highly doubt the 125 will make it far at all. Or will it be safe period. Yes you can stay off the main hwy.

Reactions: sharp
Russ989

Russ989

Land of the free because of the Brave! 🇺🇸
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Dec 18, 2017
Missouri
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Looks like it’s time to recalculate the trip, may have to buy a pioneer 700 so we can all go!!

Hondasxs

Hondasxs

Club Founder
Staff member
Feb 13, 2013
Charlotte, NC
HondaSxS.com
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon R
Looks like it’s time to recalculate the trip, may have to buy a pioneer 700 so we can all go!!
I too think a novice driver on a 125 is pushing it. But with a skilled rider he can make it anywhere maybe even better than some Pioneer's drivers. Its all in the skill level of the driver. If he is slow, your in for a long day if you plan to get anywhere.

Now, If I was in your shoes, Yes, I'd bring him. Download the Maplets app and take off for a fun day.
Good luck on your decision...

PS, sounds like a excuse to upgrade to me also.

Plumber32

Plumber32

Go ride!
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Jun 15, 2014
Wisconsin
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I too think a novice driver on a 125 is pushing it. But with a skilled rider he can make it anywhere maybe even better than some Pioneer's drivers. Its all in the skill level of the driver. If he is slow, your in for a long day if you plan to get anywhere.

Now, If I was in your shoes, Yes, I'd bring him. Download the Maplets app and take off for a fun day.
Good luck on your decision...

PS, sounds like a excuse to upgrade to me also.
Do you think a 125 has the g.c. to make it up the trail from the campground or the suspension? My fear is a rock will make his bars jerk and send him down the cliff.

Reactions: sharp
Russ989

Russ989

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Dec 18, 2017
Missouri
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I’ll have to reconsider taking his quad and figure something out, I should have bought a 700-4 to begin with but I liked the width of the p5. I guess I could trade it but I hate to see her go, I love my p5!!!!!!

Russ989

Russ989

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Dec 18, 2017
Missouri
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Well guys, after a lot of thinking and consideration, I’ve decided there is no way I can abandon my p5. I thought about putting it up for sale and upgrading but I can’t bring myself to do it. I’m going to keep it and continue my p5 build, I’ll buy another pioneer later. As for royal blue, problem solved, my mother in law is going to bring her side by side and vacation with us, not that uncommon since my father in law passed away a few years back. Thanks for all the info guys, I appreciate it.

advertisement

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!