Little_g

Little_g

Aug 6, 2015
Parker, AZ
Ownership

1. 1000-3
1. How do you like it?
2. Do they make one for the 1000-3?
3. If you have the 1000-3 can someone post pix of how they wrapped it around the back?
4. Can you see out of it easily? I still wanna be able to use my rearview mirror.
5. If you have done this would you recommend doing it and how does it hold up?

We go through some tight trails at times and my soft top isn't holding up well which I knew it wouldn't and I don't feel like spending the money on a hard roof. I had one on my 500 and it was nice but not. Thoughts/advice before getting one.

Thanks all

Reactions: Lady01
Mopower58

Mopower58

CST is the Best!
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Aug 10, 2017
Crystal Springs,Ms.
Ownership

1. 1000-3
I bought a red alien shade.
1) I love it
2) They do not make one for a P1K-3
3) Will post pics, don't have any of it presently.
4) You can see through it, I put my rear view on the drivers side down bar for the roll bar.
5) Just put mine on last week but I would recommend it.

I installed mine on the front,lapped it over the roll bar,installed elastic tethers in first and second set of holes folded it back up and secured it so as to allow it to hang down just over the head rest. I heard that they hold up well, even on tight trails.

Reactions: Lady01 and Little_g
Little_g

Little_g

Aug 6, 2015
Parker, AZ
Ownership

1. 1000-3
I bought a red alien shade.
1) I love it
2) They do not make one for a P1K-3
3) Will post pics, don't have any of it presently.
4) You can see through it, I put my rear view on the drivers side down bar for the roll bar.
5) Just put mine on last week but I would recommend it.

I installed mine on the front,lapped it over the roll bar,installed elastic tethers in first and second set of holes folded it back up and secured it so as to allow it to hang down just over the head rest. I heard that they hold up well, even on tight trails.
What I like about it is that it doesn’t come over the ROPS and rub on trees like the soft top does. Whenever you get a chance to get pix of how you attached it around the back would be greatly appreciated. I’m pretty sure I’m gonna pull the trigger on one today. THANKS!

Mopower58

Mopower58

CST is the Best!
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Aug 10, 2017
Crystal Springs,Ms.
Ownership

1. 1000-3
Here are a couple of pics. I have only gone about 20 mph for a half of a mile to take out the trash and the lower rear part does not flop. I still have to remount my loading lights on the rear of the cage and do some fine tuning with bungees but overall I am very happy.

IMG 0359 IMG 0361 IMG 0362

Reactions: Lady01 and pct
Little_g

Little_g

Aug 6, 2015
Parker, AZ
Ownership

1. 1000-3
Here are a couple of pics. I have only gone about 20 mph for a half of a mile to take out the trash and the lower rear part does not flop. I still have to remount my loading lights on the rear of the cage and do some fine tuning with bungees but overall I am very happy.

View attachment 81803 View attachment 81804 View attachment 81805
Awesome!!! I’m gonna be ordering one next payday lol. I’ve been absolutely obsessed with these since I saw them. Think it would make my machine look more “sporty” then the soft top. Thanks so much!

Mopower58

Mopower58

CST is the Best!
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Aug 10, 2017
Crystal Springs,Ms.
Ownership

1. 1000-3
I had a soft top but the people in the know said no towing with it. I do not want to remove something every time I tow. We are in central/south Mississippi so cold weather isn't but a month or two.

Little_g

Little_g

Aug 6, 2015
Parker, AZ
Ownership

1. 1000-3
I had a soft top but the people in the know said no towing with it. I do not want to remove something every time I tow. We are in central/south Mississippi so cold weather isn't but a month or two.
I tow with mine on all the time and no issues yet. Lol. The cold weather to be here in ND soon also. Not lookin forward to it.

Little_g

Little_g

Aug 6, 2015
Parker, AZ
Ownership

1. 1000-3
Got my shade today and installed it tonight. I’m really liking the looks of it. It’s a little crooked so I’m gonna straighten that out tomorrow. Was getting dark and was getting sick of messing with it today. It actually fits the 1000-3 quite nice. It doesn’t look so much like a “grandpa” machine now.

advertisement
pct

pct

Lost in the hills
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jan 10, 2016
Letart WV
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Do you have any pics of it since you got it put on thinking of getting one I have a chopped cage it looks like it might come close to covering the back how much can you see through them

Little_g

Little_g

Aug 6, 2015
Parker, AZ
Ownership

1. 1000-3
Do you have any pics of it since you got it put on thinking of getting one I have a chopped cage it looks like it might come close to covering the back how much can you see through them
I’ll get some pix today and try and get them posted. It does cover a good portion of the back and you can actually see really well out of it. That was my main concern because I still wanted to use my rear view mirror. If you have time search amazon for a Ailen sun shade Honda pioneer 1000 and look under the comments there’s a pic of one on there. I will try and get some posted later when I get to my machine.

Reactions: Lady01 and pct
pct

pct

Lost in the hills
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jan 10, 2016
Letart WV
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Thanks for the info now what color does this ever end HaHa

T

Trevorb2288

Apr 6, 2021
Maine, USA
Ownership

1. Do not currently own
Looks awesome! Did you just use the bungees that came with it? How did you secure it behind the bed? If at all.

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!