Mudder

NTC Ambassador of Walls
Lifetime Member
Oct 1, 2016
Georgia
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500
Ready to get a P500. If looking at a used one, what type of problems should I ask about or look for. Haven't decided on waiting for a 2017. Have owned atvs and bikes for 15 hrs and do my own work on them. Thanks in advance.

Reactions: 500oneer
joeymt33

joeymt33

i4WD=imitated 4WD
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Mar 17, 2015
Guntersville, AL
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
Welcome to the forum! We will be glad to have you hang around once you make your purchase.

I personally don't own a P500 so I'll let the experts chime in. Good luck.

Signature:

QUOTE by Eltobgi, Honda...Strong enough for the Farm!...Dependable enough for everything else!

J

JTW

Ready to get a P500. If looking at a used one, what type of problems should I ask about or look for. Haven't decided on waiting for a 2017. Have owned atvs and bikes for 15 hrs and do my own work on them. Thanks in advance.
I waited and bought the 17.. my buddy has a 16.. I highly recommend the 17!

Reactions: Jshell3
J

Jshell3

Right now it's rare to find a used P500 for sale, but I'd be willing to bet that's gonna change in the near future...
The 17's improvements will cause a few of us (not me) to make the jump to AT transmissions and taller 1st (& reverse) gearing... those changes aren't easily retrofitted to the 15/16's. (Tho, it shall not deter us from trying...)

If I were buying a used one, I'd pay attention to CV boot tears on the passenger front (if no A arm guards are installed)... So far the only design Achilles heel I've scratched my head over. (Personal experience - found a hole in mine before the first 500 miles. Ordered A arm guards shortly after)

I'd also pay attention to the amount of accessories installed. A P500 comes pretty bare bones. Things like windshields, roofs, rear racks are all costly. So take advantage if those are still bolted on when you arrive...

The bikes utilize a ton of Honda ATV history... So they're solid, like a Honda should be. You'll discover some Foreman part numbers are interchangeable with Pioneer part numbers.

15 years of working on you own stuff... there's really nothing I can say you wouldn't already know.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: JTW
J

JTW

Right now it's rare to find a used P500 for sale, but I'd be willing to bet that's gonna change in the near future...
The 17's improvements will cause a few of us (not me) to make the jump to AT transmissions and taller 1st (& reverse) gearing... those changes aren't easily retrofitted to the 15/16's. (Tho, it shall not deter us from trying...)

If I were buying a used one, I'd pay attention to CV boot tears on the passenger front (if no A arm guards are installed)... So far the only design Achilles heel I've scratched my head over. (Personal experience - found a hole in mine before the first 500 miles. Ordered A arm guards shortly after)

I'd also pay attention to the amount of accessories installed. A P500 comes pretty bare bones. Things like windshields, roofs, rear racks are all costly. So take advantage if those are still bolted on when you arrive...

The bikes utilize a ton of Honda ATV history... So they're solid, like a Honda should be. You'll discover some Foreman part numbers are interchangeable with Pioneer part numbers.

15 years of working on you own stuff... there's really nothing I can say you wouldn't already know.
Well said!!

Reactions: Jshell3

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!