P500 Quick question about changing tires

L

lowtidejoe

Apr 13, 2018
Arizona
Ownership

1. 500
Howdy,

I’ve got new 26 inch tires sitting wrapped up in the driveway. I am curious how and where people are jacking these pioneer 500s up. Sadly I’m not looking at my P-5 as I type this.

I have a Toyota Tacoma bottle jack in my possession. Is there a good spot to jack this little beast up to change the tires?
How does everyone else do it? Car Lift? Jack stands? Car jack?

Thanks!

Joe

Mudwing

Mudwing

Lifetime Member
Jul 9, 2017
The Mud holes
Ownership

1. 700-4
In the owners manual should show jacking points. I’d recommend jack stands also, for safety.

Reactions: RumpRocket
NTCPrezJB

NTCPrezJB

President of #NTC
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jan 30, 2018
Canton, OH
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Rear...I use the bottom of the hitch receiver and a 2x4 block that fits in my jack cup.
Front...I use a 2x8 block that fits across the frame between the A-Arms.

Jack stands...I ALWAYS use them. I generally put them under the ball joint area, but I've also used any spot on the frame that is out of my way. Jacks are for lifting, stands are for holding things at the desired height.

I use the wood blocks on the jack to prevent scratching paint, but you do have to be extra careful if you do so to make sure that it can't slip on you. My wood blocks bolt into my jack cup so they can't move on me. My bigger wood blocks are drilled via hole saw so the jack cup sits inside a lip and it is bolted as well. I've been harassed by more than one person about being overly cautious, but I've never had anything fall on me (or come even close).

One guys two cents for what it is worth. Happy wrenching! :)

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!