P1000m5 Quit running while driving.

R

Rider81

May 28, 2017
mississippi
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Hello everyone,
Last weekend I was riding along on my Honda pioneer 1000-5 with 80mile on it, going about 25mph. It started acting like it was going to die on me, then the machine picked right back up and was driving fine. I mean this happen 2 times for a split second. Now this weekend I was cleaning it and took it for a spin down my road and it sputtered again except this time it did die. I was traveling about 25-30 mph around my neighborhood. At first I could not get it started. Then I would press the gas a little and it would fire up then die. The one time it did run for a minute it was idling low and then died. Plan on taking it to dealer Tuesday. Anyone else had this problem?

Eltobgi

Eltobgi

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Mar 21, 2016
North Dakota
Ownership

1. 500

2. 1000-5
What type of riding have you done this far? Deep water, mud, just highwayo_O

Eltobgi

Eltobgi

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Mar 21, 2016
North Dakota
Ownership

1. 500

2. 1000-5
I haven't experienced anything like that, but I've heard similar problems were caused by loose electrical connections, specifically ground wires. Have you checked battery connection and frame grounds?

R

Rider81

May 28, 2017
mississippi
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I haven't experienced anything like that, but I've heard similar problems were caused by loose electrical connections, specifically ground wires. Have you checked battery connection and frame grounds?
I have not yet, but will in the morning. I also read some where that the muffler was causing the same type of issues have u heard that.

Eltobgi

Eltobgi

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Mar 21, 2016
North Dakota
Ownership

1. 500

2. 1000-5
I have not yet, but will in the morning. I also read some where that the muffler was causing the same type of issues have u heard that.
Don't remember hearing that! Are you thinking Spark Arrestor is plugged?

advertisement
J

JTW

I would just run a hose in the tank and siphon it out as best I could

sporttrac4x4

sporttrac4x4

Lifetime Member
Jan 7, 2016
ILL.
Ownership

1. Other Brand
Sounds like something electric related to the fuel system let us know what the shop finds out.

Whiskey1

Whiskey1

Dec 11, 2015
Arizona
Hello everyone,
Last weekend I was riding along on my Honda pioneer 1000-5 with 80mile on it, going about 25mph. It started acting like it was going to die on me, then the machine picked right back up and was driving fine. I mean this happen 2 times for a split second. Now this weekend I was cleaning it and took it for a spin down my road and it sputtered again except this time it did die. I was traveling about 25-30 mph around my neighborhood. At first I could not get it started. Then I would press the gas a little and it would fire up then die. The one time it did run for a minute it was idling low and then died. Plan on taking it to dealer Tuesday. Anyone else had this problem?

Mine is at the dealer right now for the same issue. Its been two weeks, and they don't know what the problem is. Just turned 1,000 miles.

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!