P1000 Manual up paddleshift quit working

wrwtexan

wrwtexan

Lifetime Member
Sep 6, 2016
Northeast Texas
Ownership

1. 1000-5
The manual up paddleshift on my '16 quit today. I noticed that at first it went up to second gear but no higher, then downshifted with the left.
I did a test run and ran it up to fourth in auto then switched to manual and the down paddle works but nothing from the up. Anyone had similar issues? Maybe the paddle switch? Auto works fine but I hate their programming enough I added a quick button on the back side of the up paddle (no interference with harness). Thanks!

Reactions: TxDoc
NTCPrezJB

NTCPrezJB

President of #NTC
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jan 30, 2018
Canton, OH
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Someone on here did find the part and replace it.

Reactions: TxDoc
TxDoc

TxDoc

Lifetime Member
May 19, 2019
TEXAS 🇨🇱
photos.app.goo.gl
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Found this on a search

Sent from my moto z4 using Tapatalk

Reactions: 540RA
WagginTail

WagginTail

Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Oct 13, 2020
SC
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I think @CID had to fix one on his talon

DRZRon1

DRZRon1

May 11, 2019
PA
Ownership

1. Talon X
The manual up paddleshift on my '16 quit today. I noticed that at first it went up to second gear but no higher, then downshifted with the left.
I did a test run and ran it up to fourth in auto then switched to manual and the down paddle works but nothing from the up. Anyone had similar issues? Maybe the paddle switch? Auto works fine but I hate their programming enough I added a quick button on the back side of the up paddle (no interference with harness). Thanks!
no idea what a quick button is but either paddle switch is bad or bad connection, should be able to check with meter up contact

CID

CID

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 27, 2019
SE Denver-ish
Ownership

1. Talon R
I think @CID had to fix one on his talon
Yep, I did but I didn't recognize the Pioneer wiring, so I didn't post it - I thought they'd be the same as a Talon.

Here's the post I made on it, with photos -

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!