P1000 2020 surging sound while driving

L

lethereat

Aug 7, 2023
Oviedo FL
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Could not find another similar thread.

My 2020 1000-5 has been surging while underway (20+ mph on roads). RPM does not increase or decrease and neither does speed. It feels and sounds as if I have out of round tires. I did try another set of tires to eliminate that possibility. My feeling is the clutch is slipping and grabbing extremely quickly. Buggy does not feel low on power or feel abnormal in any other way. This happens in 4th, 5th and 6th gear the exact same.

Has anyone else heard/felt anything similar? Am I being overly cautious?

Reactions: Squeegee and TxDoc
advertisement
Remington

Remington

Deputy Fife POIDH Enforcement Officer
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jul 24, 2016
Michigan
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X
My 2020 1000-5
First off, Welcome from Michigan
We also require pics of your rig when u join/first post for proof. So
PICS OR IT DIDNT HAPPEN! ;)

As for your noise, your better off taking a video of this and upload it to LubeTube, copy it and paste it here. Its better to physically hear and see what your talking about than throwing darts like a blind man at a bulls eye!

Scoop

Scoop

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Sep 7, 2021
Michigan
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon R LV
2020 surging sound while driving

GovtMule

GovtMule

NTC’s SoA, Chief Sarcasm Officer-Self Appointed
Lifetime Member
May 19, 2021
Tennessee
Ownership

1. 1000-3
Maybe just help the new guy out instead of… 👆

Remember 👇🏽
03 AUG 2023 EDIT:

This is my 2023 Talon build thread.

I cleaned up all the off-topic posts (including my responses to off-topic posts, which were off-topic as well) and this thread went from 7+ pages to 3. :oops:

I'd like this build thread to remain focused on my build and avoid all the unrelated posts.

With that, I respectfully request that off-topic messages not be posted here. 'Congrats' or 'Nice ride/accessory' posts are cool, but beyond those, please let me use this thread to document all the work I'm doing.

Much appreciated and thank you.

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!