P1000 Engine Cuts Off During Idle And Driving

A

ask_mikey

Aug 14, 2023
Virginia
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I have a brand new (delivered on Friday) 2022 1000-5, has a total of like 11 miles on it. For the first ~5 miles, everything was fine, but then the engine stopped responding while I was driving, it slowed down, and cut off. Later, when I turned it on, just idling, it also cut off like 30 seconds after I started it. The amount of time driving/idling varies, but it happens very consistently. I don't see any engine codes being flashed after it dies. It also does some weird stuff on the dash, like registering MPHs on the speedometer when it's idling, or thinking I'm in a specific gear instead of H after it cuts out, or even flashing the clutch temp warning after it dies. Makes me think it's some kind of electrical problem.

I'm working with the dealership, but they're 2 hours away, so if there's something simple/easy-ish I can do without having to take it there, that would be preferred.

Here's a video of it dying while idling:

And one of it dying while driving:

Any ideas or help would be great, even if it's something I can point the dealership to to make the process faster/easier with them.

Reactions: ChadD and Backwoods
Remington

Remington

Deputy Fife POIDH Enforcement Officer
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jul 24, 2016
Michigan
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X
@ask_mikey dont forget to come back and tell us you fixed it and what u did.
Too many start a problem thread and never come back.

Welcome to the forum and start a welcome thread when u get a sec. Dont forget pics too!

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!