P1000 Knocking in engine?

C

Cowman

Nov 13, 2022
Texas
Ownership

1. 1000-3
Don't think it is hangers or mounts...this sound is too rpm specific - not periodic and irregualar....and is very predictable under what circumstances it occurs under. As I said previoiusly, the noise is restricted to about 2500 - 3000 rpm under load. Above or below that rpm range no unusual noise. No unusual sounds after cranking cold until that rpm range is reached. And the noise tends to go away after the engine is thoroughly warmed up...that would not be explained by loose hangers or mounts. have pretty much isolated the noise to the intake area. Removing the filter, one can hear it pretty plainly through the two intake ports. This noise gradually appeared beginning about five months ago. Before that no unusual noise in engine at any time.

I did go over the exhaust stystem feeling for leaks especailly around where others suggested I focus...even burned my hand on one the the headers near the engine. I can find no leaks. It doesn't mean this is not an exhaust sound, but I have not been successful in isolating any leak, and I am a pretty good mechanical troubleshooter.

Not giving up.