WagginTail

WagginTail

Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Oct 13, 2020
SC
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Ok, with luck I can upload this video file taken this morning. The sound is loudest when not moving but "goosing" the throttle. Right click on link and open in new tab to view.
kTlwwMF.mp4
Sounds like exhaust to me. I took out the rear floorboard on my 1000-5 to access the exhaust and it actually wasn't too difficult. Not sure if you have a 3 seater or 5 seater.

Remington

Remington

Fife! POIDH Enforcement Officer
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jul 24, 2016
Michigan
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X
Ok, with luck I can upload this video file taken this morning. The sound is loudest when not moving but "goosing" the throttle. Right click on link and open in new tab to view.
kTlwwMF.mp4
What link?

Reactions: Backwoods
C

Cowman

Nov 13, 2022
Texas
Ownership

1. 1000-3
Ok, sorry, I will admit that I'm not the best at posting video as I seldom have occasion to do so. Tested it in another forum that has a test forum for such things and it seemed to work fine. Anyway, I did the best I could, though not sure as to why some see the link and some not. It shows up on my screen here.

At this point I am leaning towards exhaust noise. I do plan to pull the skid plate off to better access the exhaust system and see if I can locate any defects that might cause a leak. Thanks for the pics WagginTail and to others with constructive suggestions. I will figure this out and will report back when I do.

Reactions: Farmer and CID
Jerryg

Jerryg

Sep 24, 2020
NEPA
Ownership

1. Other Brand
Ok, sorry, I will admit that I'm not the best at posting video as I seldom have occasion to do so. Tested it in another forum that has a test forum for such things and it seemed to work fine. Anyway, I did the best I could, though not sure as to why some see the link and some not. It shows up on my screen here.

At this point I am leaning towards exhaust noise. I do plan to pull the skid plate off to better access the exhaust system and see if I can locate any defects that might cause a leak. Thanks for the pics WagginTail and to others with constructive suggestions. I will figure this out and will report back when I do.
Sounds like a good plan. Isolate the engine as much as possible before tearing into it.

I had a guy swear to me a new Honda Engine had a rod knock, I took the belt off and the pulley was just a tiny bit loose on the shaft.

Remington

Remington

Fife! POIDH Enforcement Officer
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jul 24, 2016
Michigan
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X
I did the best I could, though not sure as to why some see the link and some not.

Thats why we say to post it up to YouTube and hit the copy button there and paste it here and it showes up like this…👇🏻 easypeasy

advertisement
RacinJasonWV

RacinJasonWV

Aug 8, 2022
WV
Ownership

1. 1000-5
It refuses to give me the link on 2 apple devices. Maybe thats the common issue.

Anyhow, hope it‘s your exhaust and is an easy fix.

CID

CID

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 27, 2019
SE Denver-ish
Ownership

1. Talon R
kTlwwMF.mp4

It refuses to give me the link on 2 apple devices. Maybe thats the common issue.

Anyhow, hope it‘s your exhaust and is an easy fix.
Fwiw: I don't see anything but the quoted message on an Apple iPad, nothing else.

Reactions: Remington
C

Cowman

Nov 13, 2022
Texas
Ownership

1. 1000-3
Sorry for any confusion I have caused. But I do not use and am not familiar with Facebook (Being 77 years old may have something to do with that), and consequently tried to use my Imgur account which I am familiar with in terms of posting photos. Not much experience in posting videos though. I tested my video on Rimfire Central where I am a long time member and which has a format very much like this forum and may in fact be owned by the same parent company. So after testing it there and then posting it here and finding it worked for me I assumed I was good to go. I may have to get my daugther of a grandkid to help me out on perhaps posting with Facebook.

Getting old ain't all it's cracked up to be. :rolleyes:

Last edited:
CID

CID

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 27, 2019
SE Denver-ish
Ownership

1. Talon R
Sorry for any confusion I have caused. But I do not use and am not familiar with Facebook (Being 77 years old may have something to do with that), and consequently tried to use my Imgur account which I am familiar with in terms of posting photos. Not much experience in posting videos though. I tested my video on Rimfire Central where I am a long time member and which has a format very much like this forum and may in fact be owned by the same parent company. So after testing it there and then posting it here and it finding it worked for me I assumed I was good to go. I may have to get my daugther of a grandkid to help me out on perhaps posting with Facebook.

Getting old ain't all it's cracke up to be. :rolleyes:
I'm also 77 but was able to figure out how to load videos to YouTube (and I HATE computers with the white hot intensity of a thousand suns). Many of us don't use facebook and utoob is universally embed-able. Hope the daughter or grandkid can help you out.

Getting old is better than the alternative. :cool:

RacinJasonWV

RacinJasonWV

Aug 8, 2022
WV
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Sorry for any confusion I have caused. But I do not use and am not familiar with Facebook (Being 77 years old may have something to do with that), and consequently tried to use my Imgur account which I am familiar with in terms of posting photos. Not much experience in posting videos though. I tested my video on Rimfire Central where I am a long time member and which has a format very much like this forum and may in fact be owned by the same parent company. So after testing it there and then posting it here and it finding it worked for me I assumed I was good to go. I may have to get my daugther of a grandkid to help me out on perhaps posting with Facebook.

Getting old ain't all it's cracke up to be. :rolleyes:

No need for apologies. I was just throwing out a possible reason why some could and others couldn’t see the file. And I wanted you to know why maybe some folks haven’t commented on the video (that they can’t see).

You’ll probably find the problem when looking at the exhaust anyhow!

For the other apple crowd, I even tried viewing as “desktop mode” but it seems the forum or phone pushes it back to mobile view only.

Reactions: Farmer
C

Cowman

Nov 13, 2022
Texas
Ownership

1. 1000-3
I appreciate all efforts to help...make no mistake about that. I will see what I can do about reposting the video.

Reactions: CID
C

Cowman

Nov 13, 2022
Texas
Ownership

1. 1000-3
Ok, trying again. Posted on Youtube and copied link...hope this works. If not I may be hopeless: