Racing options?

M

McCarthy

Aug 13, 2020
Canada
Ownership

1. Talon X
So I want to get into some sort of racing with the Talon... I used to do a lot of time attack with a race prepped Mustang, but since selling that a couple years ago I haven't raced anything, and the itch is strong. I tried to go ice racing up here in Canada but after jumping through a bunch of hoops the organizers basically added rules until a side by side couldn't compete period, so that's out. I know there's some racing down in texas and such, but is there anything on the west coast? I pretty much guarantee nothing in Canada, but something in WA, OR, MT, ID etc?

Obviously there's stuff like the Mint 400 and Tonopah 250 and such, but looking for something like a (relatively) stock class 1000 Naturally aspirated class or along those lines. Safety gear and coms and such but not needing to spend 40k on top of the car building a race buggy. Lots of experience racing, (thousands of laps) just not offroad stuff, so i'd like to get my feet wet.

Reactions: Blownzuki and TxDoc
SLOWPOKE693

SLOWPOKE693

Supporting Member
Mar 10, 2020
Somewhere in Texas
Ownership

1. Talon R
I don't know of anything out that way. Most of the short course SxS racing happens in the Midwest. I got lucky and moved to a great location for SxS racing. I'm 45min from Texplex Park and 5hrs from Mid America Outdoors. Both are hosting short course series for the 2021 season.

Screenshot 20201201 181524 Samsung Internet
Screenshot 20201211 115131 Samsung Internet

Reactions: CID and McCarthy
SLOWPOKE693

SLOWPOKE693

Supporting Member
Mar 10, 2020
Somewhere in Texas
Ownership

1. Talon R
Sorry for the crappy screen shots, I don't FB so that is the best I can do.

I'm running my Talon at Texplex and Mid America in the Pro N/A class this season.

Reactions: CID
NTCPrezJB

NTCPrezJB

President of #NTC
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jan 30, 2018
Canton, OH
Ownership

1. 1000-5
There is a bracket race at TO2021 to determine once and for all the fastest color, but all the entry spots are already spoken for.

RB3offroad

RB3offroad

Vendor
Nov 2, 2017
Tempe, AZ
Ownership

1. 1000-5
We use to here in AZ and they had some in California, not sure if that will happen now. Lucas oil pulled out of the sponsorship

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!