BOX1

Talon r rallycross/ shortcouse tire setup

B

Brazula4life

Jan 19, 2021
Florida
Ownership

1. Talon R
What tires should be good for me to run rallycross mostly roadbasr material some hard clay and asphault. I seen some people running all terrain dot tires and others running hoosier m500 I believe. I have stock tires and they give out to much on turns, do to soft walls and lack of rubber on the ground.

CID

CID

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 27, 2019
SE Denver-ish
Ownership

1. Talon R
Is this a race car only or are you still using it for trail riding etc.? Eibach makes a heavier swaybar and you could back off the preload to lower the CoG.

SLOWPOKE693

SLOWPOKE693

Supporting Member
Mar 10, 2020
Somewhere in Texas
Ownership

1. Talon R
Try MRT Rally Snakes for an all around tire.

Forget about the Hoosier SxS tires for a while, they are all gone and Hoosier isn't making more anytime soon due to "material shortages".

Reactions: Brazula4life
B

Brazula4life

Jan 19, 2021
Florida
Ownership

1. Talon R
Is this a race car only or are you still using it for trail riding etc.? Eibach makes a heavier swaybar and you could back off the preload to lower the CoG.
Mostly race, just a few trail rides. I do have the double e racing rear sway bar which is probably the best sway bar in the marked , all the cars I saw in person at nitro rally runs the same bar.. Yesterday I adjusted them 1 notch stiffer see how it habdles.

Reactions: CID
Lil_Steve

Lil_Steve

May 22, 2019
Gilbert, AZ
Ownership

1. Talon R
Mostly race, just a few trail rides. I do have the double e racing rear sway bar which is probably the best sway bar in the marked , all the cars I saw in person at nitro rally runs the same bar.. Yesterday I adjusted them 1 notch stiffer see how it habdles.

Keep an eye on the rear frame, with an upgraded sway bar under racing conditions the rear frame is under more stress and can result in some cracks or breaking. Check my thread below for pics.

Reactions: CID
SLOWPOKE693

SLOWPOKE693

Supporting Member
Mar 10, 2020
Somewhere in Texas
Ownership

1. Talon R
Keep an eye on the rear frame, with an upgraded sway bar under racing conditions the rear frame is under more stress and can result in some cracks or breaking. Check my thread below for pics.
This

I know a bunch of guys with aftermarket sway bars and cracked frames. Double E Racing sells cromo sway bar mounting plates to alleviate the issue. They don't have them listed on their site but if you call that can get you taken care of.

BOX2
box3

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!