P700 Radiator guard

Harman24630

Harman24630

Mar 24, 2016
Tazewell Va
Ownership

1. 700-4
while I was taking care of my deer fly problem I cut up an old jeep stone guard and applied it to my pioneer because I noticed some places where stuff had already hit my radiator and I've not really had it in places I thought would bother it.

swsebek

swsebek

Red,White And Blue Collar Soul
Lifetime Member
May 4, 2014
pa
Ownership

1. 700-4
Tflynn

Tflynn

Not a liberal
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Jan 12, 2015
Northern California
Ownership

1. 700-2
Yeah I need to do that too. Maybe a metal screen too to keep bugs out

V

vwprostock

Apr 15, 2016
Flower Mound, TX
Anyone think or try the old tractor theory? Wire the fan to blow air out? Would it not aide in reducing the seat heat also?

Could result in warm air from under the rig not cooling as well, but seems like a simple try by swapping two wires to push debris and stuff out instead if sucking it into the radiator.

Just brainstormin....

d_b

d_b

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 24, 2015
Utah
I like. Wonder if I could do it like my Deere ?

joeymt33

joeymt33

i4WD=imitated 4WD
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Mar 17, 2015
Guntersville, AL
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
Anyone think or try the old tractor theory? Wire the fan to blow air out? Would it not aide in reducing the seat heat also?

Could result in warm air from under the rig not cooling as well, but seems like a simple try by swapping two wires to push debris and stuff out instead if sucking it into the radiator.

Just brainstormin....

I'm not sure that would work. The engine and fan are too far away from each other. Plus, a tractor couldn't go fast enough to push air thru the radiator if the fan was reversed. The pioneer can go fast enough to over power a reversed fan.

If the fan was directly in front of the engine like a car or tractor, it may work as long as you drive slow.

While on the topic, place a couple bilge fans behind the engine pushing air toward the back of the vehicle and it could create a negative pressure zone under the seat and may help.

Joe

Tflynn

Tflynn

Not a liberal
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Jan 12, 2015
Northern California
Ownership

1. 700-2
I'm not sure that would work. The engine and fan are too far away from each other. Plus, a tractor couldn't go fast enough to push air thru the radiator if the fan was reversed. The pioneer can go fast enough to over power a reversed fan.

If the fan was directly in front of the engine like a car or tractor, it may work as long as you drive slow.

While on the topic, place a couple bilge fans behind the engine pushing air toward the back of the vehicle and it could create a negative pressure zone under the seat and may help.

Joe
I was thinking the same thing. At speed it would hurt you. I've only ever seen those reverse fans in AgSource and it was a momentary type deal. In other words, it would run like normal for an hour then switch and run backwards for 5 minutes, then back to normal. Great idea for a slow vehicle but not sure it would work on this application.

Reactions: joeymt33
Harman24630

Harman24630

Mar 24, 2016
Tazewell Va
Ownership

1. 700-4
I don't have a problem sucking anything into the radiator just sticks and brush find their way in there and I imagine a rock or to if someone was infront of me at higher speed. My fan don't really run a whole lot mostly if it's sitting still for a long period of time.

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!