Rally On The Rocks Denied Permit(s)

1HasBeen

Oct 20, 2019
Wickenburg, AZ
Ownership

1. Other Brand
I ran across this on another forum, copy/paste below:

The event currently has a permit from BLM. Grand County(Moab) has denied a permit for the event citing noise complaints(exhausts/stereos).

Event organizers had tried to move the main event to San Juan County. Today SJC denied a permit for the event. Grand County officials put a lot of pressure on SJC officials.

At this point the formal event is up in the wind.

Bottom line: Grand County officials HATE UTV's. If you visit Moab, be a good steward on the streets, and spend your money wisely.

Cuoutdoors

Cuoutdoors

Executive Member
Lifetime Member
Sep 12, 2016
Central Iowa
Ownership

1. 1000-3
I ran across this on another forum, copy/paste below:

The event currently has a permit from BLM. Grand County(Moab) has denied a permit for the event citing noise complaints(exhausts/stereos).

Event organizers had tried to move the main event to San Juan County. Today SJC denied a permit for the event. Grand County officials put a lot of pressure on SJC officials.

At this point the formal event is up in the wind.

Bottom line: Grand County officials HATE UTV's. If you visit Moab, be a good steward on the streets, and spend your money wisely.

What a bunch of f***s. I thought they were having it on private land in SJC and were all ready to roll.

DG Rider

DG Rider

Member: Triple Clutch Club
Lifetime Member
Aug 14, 2013
Casa Grande, AZ
Ownership

1. 700-2
Sound like time to find a new place to infuse money into the economy.
Several businesses in Moab support the Southern Utah Wilderness Alliance...essentially, Utah's version of the Sierra club. There used to be a list, but I couldn't find it last time I looked.

I love the place...but f*** them if they want to bite the hand that fed them. Moab would have been a ghost town if it weren't for off roaders after the unranium boom ended. Jeepers and the like kept it alive. Now the whole town stinks of patchouli oil.

PaulF

PaulF

/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\
Lifetime Member
Jul 1, 2019
Utah
Ownership

1. Talon R
Grand County does not hate UTV's. Grand County residence hate drunk, belligerent UTV owners with aftermarket exhaust racing up and down residential streets doing 75MPH at 3 am. Grand County Commission is looking out for the people that live there and they do not need 5 days of ROTR's tourist dollars.

ROTR has become a huge drunken out of control 24 hour a day, 5 day party and they refuse to agree to any type of rules. If they just quieted down a little like they were asked to in 2018 AND 2019, none of this would have happened. They have no one to blame but themselves.

Do some research, ROTR has given all UTV riders a bad reputation.

Go to Moab, they don't mind at all. Just don't show up with 700 of your friends and party for 5 days straight.

PaulF

PaulF

/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\
Lifetime Member
Jul 1, 2019
Utah
Ownership

1. Talon R
What a bunch of f***s. I thought they were having it on private land in SJC and were all ready to roll.
They moved the ROTR headquarters to SJC with the intent of riding up to Grand County in large groups and breaking the ordinance. Grand County caught wind of it and reminded them that they cannot do that because it breaks another ordinance.

1HasBeen

Oct 20, 2019
Wickenburg, AZ
Ownership

1. Other Brand
Grand County does not hate UTV's. Grand County residence hate drunk, belligerent UTV owners with aftermarket exhaust racing up and down residential streets doing 75MPH at 3 am. Grand County Commission is looking out for the people that live there and they do not need 5 days of ROTR's tourist dollars.

ROTR has become a huge drunken out of control 24 hour a day, 5 day party and they refuse to agree to any type of rules. If they just quieted down a little like they were asked to in 2018 AND 2019, none of this would have happened. They have no one to blame but themselves.

Do some research, ROTR has given all UTV riders a bad reputation.

Go to Moab, they don't mind at all. Just don't show up with 700 of your friends and party for 5 days straight.
NONE of that happens with Easter Jeep Safari, I'm sure. ONLY SxS drivers get drunk and rowdy. Not excusing asshats one iota, BTW.

On Edit: I spent @10 years in the industry, and have spoken to Lanse. Almost got to provide them with a Wildcat early on. I know the drill.

Last edited:
TripleB

TripleB

Lifetime Member
Aug 13, 2018
Caryville, Tennessee
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
NONE of that happens with Easter Jeep Safari, I'm sure. ONLY SxS drivers get drunk and rowdy. Not excusing asshats one iota, BTW.
I think that you have alot more of the 20-40 year old crowd in sxs's doing the stupid s***. At least that's what I see where I'm from. I could say it's mostly rzr people but thats misleading aslo. Polaris dominates the market and that same age group of people tend to like big, loud and fast machines. That's why I see the majority of problem people in rzrs. I could spin the numbers like covid and say only rzr people lol

JACKAL

JACKAL

Ancient Honda fanboi
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jun 11, 2015
Pioneer, TN
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5
I think that you have alot more of the 20-40 year old crowd in sxs's doing the stupid s***. At least that's what I see where I'm from. I could say it's mostly rzr people but thats misleading aslo. Polaris dominates the market and that same age group of people tend to like big, loud and fast machines. That's why I see the majority of problem people in rzrs. I could spin the numbers like covid and say only rzr people lol
Residents around RRB & Tackett getting fed up too, this group popped up a week ago and has 500 local members pissed off at inconsiderate drunks that trash the trails.

Screenshot 20210104 233825 Facebook
Screenshot 20210104 233947 Facebook

D

Dankathy

May 4, 2020
Utah
Ownership

1. Talon R
Black hills sd has the same problem as moab and many others. When the self centered juvenile mentality begins to out Weigh those who act like adults, the people who live there get tired of it quickly. This is just as predictable as the self centered juveniles getting all indignant and butt hurt when it happens.

Vikes79

Vikes79

SKOL!
Lifetime Member
Jul 18, 2018
South Dakota
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Residents around RRB & Tackett getting fed up too, this group popped up a week ago and has 500 local members pissed off at inconsiderate drunks that trash the trails.

View attachment 246362View attachment 246364
I’ve seen this same argument in the Black Hills all the time over the years.

To be clear the trash is the biggest issue that upsets everyone. The drinking is often associated with the trash.

Secondly I’ve learned over the years is that ones going to lengths of creating a FB against ATVs have alterior motives and cannot be reasoned with.

They’ve dug their heels in and that’s it. Their view is that any thing out side of hiking boots in the wilderness is bad, despite the truth that hikers are the worst trash offenders I’ve ever seen.

Vikes79

Vikes79

SKOL!
Lifetime Member
Jul 18, 2018
South Dakota
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Black hills sd has the same problem as moab and many others. When the self centered juvenile mentality begins to out Weigh those who act like adults, the people who live there get tired of it quickly. This is just as predictable as the self centered juveniles getting all indignant and butt hurt when it happens.

Yes but Sturgis has made $$$Bank$$$ over this behavior for ever.

I used to rent my house out for the two weeks when I lived in the area.

TripleB

TripleB

Lifetime Member
Aug 13, 2018
Caryville, Tennessee
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5

View attachment 246362View attachment 246364
Thats the only thing I've disliked about lifetime trail maps is going across private property. I’ve came across that a couple of times. I just mark it off my trail list from then on. He will eventually have to address this issue if he stays in business.

Adam490

Adam490

HFA Grand High Wizard
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Apr 7, 2019
Covington, LA
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon R LV
Thats the only thing I've disliked about lifetime trail maps is going across private property. I’ve came across that a couple of times. I just mark it off my trail list from then on. He will eventually have to address this issue if he stays in business.
I've seen quite a few FB posts recently in the Tackett group about LTM not addressing the trails that are shown running through private property. You think he'd do some updates when people are claiming they are following his maps and being shot at...

JACKAL

JACKAL

Ancient Honda fanboi
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jun 11, 2015
Pioneer, TN
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

He has been making updates showing private property and closed gates (see below from December updates) but I don't think most people update their tablets?

Screenshot 20210106 112131 Lifetime Trailmaps
Screenshot 20210106 112149 Lifetime Trailmaps
Screenshot 20210106 112208 Lifetime Trailmaps

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!