Rancher AT lost in gear

Pioneerpilot

Pioneerpilot

Sep 19, 2021
Mississippi
Ownership

1. 500
I have a 2014 Honda rancher 420 AT with the DCT and it’s been lost in gear for a couple months now. It just shows a dashed line on the display and it won’t ever pick up that it’s in neutral. We replaced the angle sensor and not sure where to go from here

• Wow
Reactions: ChadD and Smitty335
Adam490

Adam490

HFA Grand High Wizard
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Apr 7, 2019
Covington, LA
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon R LV
I have a 2014 Honda rancher 420 AT with the DCT and it’s been lost in gear for a couple months now. It just shows a dashed line on the display and it won’t ever pick up that it’s in neutral. We replaced the angle sensor and not sure where to go from here
Battery good? My '18 Rubicon will do that if I forget to put it on the battery tender and the voltage drops too low.

H

HondaTech

The early AT models were bad about breaking the spindle return spring pin.

This is easy to diagnose, if you try and manually shift the unit the spindle wont return to center on its own. It'll feel mushy and wont easily shift between gears.

Is it currently flashing any codes?

Reactions: TripleB and Adam490

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!