Rats and mice

ghost

ghost

Lifetime Member
Dec 4, 2015
BC
Now that's cool, I'll give it a go for the RV. I don't know how I'd use it for the SXS though.
Mount one under the hood and plug it in when you park (along with your trickle charger).

When we moved onto this property, the ground would shake with so many mice moving around. We got 4 cats and for a few months our property was littered with the dead. Now we just find the odd "present".

Poisons work in a controlled environment like inside a building (except they die in the walls and stink up the place). I dont like using them outside because of secondary poisoning (like hawks eating the mice)

Reactions: sharp
Montecresto

Montecresto

Montecresto el segundo
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jan 17, 2016
Eastern oklahoma
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500

3. 1000-3

4. 1000-5

5. Talon X4
Mount one under the hood and plug it in when you park (along with your trickle charger).

When we moved onto this property, the ground would shake with so many mice moving around. We got 4 cats and for a few months our property was littered with the dead. Now we just find the odd "present".

Poisons work in a controlled environment like inside a building (except they die in the walls and stink up the place). I dont like using them outside because of secondary poisoning (like hawks eating the mice)
Sounds good man.

Montecresto

Montecresto

Montecresto el segundo
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jan 17, 2016
Eastern oklahoma
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500

3. 1000-3

4. 1000-5

5. Talon X4
Found a liquid poison at the FarmersCoop. It goes in a 1 qt mason jar screwed onto a chick feeder with 1/4 th anti-freeze. Drill a 1" hole on the side of a five gallon bucket, right at the bottom, place the feeder inside the bucket with the lid on. This will keep other wildlife from getting to it. I'm going to give this a go and poison the hell out of them.

Reactions: Tflynn
CAB72701

CAB72701

Apr 9, 2017
Arkansas
Ownership

1. 1000-3
I just had about 1/3rd of my seat belts chewed away (probably now repurposed as a cozy winter nest) and some of my electrical harness chewed away (a 3 inch section totally gone).
I have to part my SXS outside, but intend to stretch out a tarp to park under for a least a little protection.
Have any of you tried any of these pepper or pepperment sprays intended as a rodent deterrent to keep mice/rats off your wiring.

Montecresto

Montecresto

Montecresto el segundo
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jan 17, 2016
Eastern oklahoma
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500

3. 1000-3

4. 1000-5

5. Talon X4
I just had about 1/3rd of my seat belts chewed away (probably now repurposed as a cozy winter nest) and some of my electrical harness chewed away (a 3 inch section totally gone).
I have to part my SXS outside, but intend to stretch out a tarp to park under for a least a little protection.
Have any of you tried any of these pepper or pepperment sprays intended as a rodent deterrent to keep mice/rats off your wiring.
I’ve tried ALL the sprays, no success. Keeping poison on the floorboard has kept them off. But not just any poison, the liquid type in a dispenser. Covering the sxs with a tarp just makes for a cozier atmosphere for rats and mice. I️ also leave the bed up so they don’t have protection under there, ! do similar with vehicles leaving the hood up.

Alan aka Davinci

Alan aka Davinci

Mr. Meme Master
Lifetime Member
Apr 25, 2015
Grand Junction, CO
Ownership

1. 500
Does anybody have any tricks (that really work) for keeping these b****es out of the SXS? I guess because I keep my P7 at 8,000 feet where there's no snakes these things have few predators. They've chewed through a fuel line on my tractor, the hose from the windshield wiper reservoir on my Z-71 and get into my RV, and I'm worried about the SXS.
Hang it up. A friend of mine is a rancher that has his own airplane he stores in his hanger at his ranch. He hangs it about 6' off the ground and it only takes a few minutes to get it down and put it up.

Reactions: Eltobgi and JTW
Montecresto

Montecresto

Montecresto el segundo
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jan 17, 2016
Eastern oklahoma
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500

3. 1000-3

4. 1000-5

5. Talon X4
D5D603F4 6CB2 48AF A46E C77AD496FC55

Reactions: trigger and JTW
CAB72701

CAB72701

Apr 9, 2017
Arkansas
Ownership

1. 1000-3
I’ve tried ALL the sprays, no success. Keeping poison on the floorboard has kept them off. But not just any poison, the liquid type in a dispenser. Covering the sxs with a tarp just makes for a cozier atmosphere for rats and mice. I️ also leave the bed up so they don’t have protection under there, ! do similar with vehicles leaving the hood up.

Thanks! I didn't say I was going to actually cover the SXS with a tarp. I already learned that lesson with a wood splitter. I'm just going to make a shelter that will be a few feet higher than the SXS to help protect it a little from rain and snow. I'm also parking it on a side road a little further from the house and need to be able to drive my truck under and through it.

Reactions: Montecresto
Montecresto

Montecresto

Montecresto el segundo
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jan 17, 2016
Eastern oklahoma
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500

3. 1000-3

4. 1000-5

5. Talon X4
I
Thanks! I didn't say I was going to actually cover the SXS with a tarp. I already learned that lesson with a wood splitter. I'm just going to make a shelter that will be a few feet higher than the SXS to help protect it a little from rain and snow. I'm also parking it on a side road a little further from the house and need to be able to drive my truck under and through it.
Oh ! See, yes that will work. And good luck.

A

Average_Joe

Aug 19, 2016
Gainesville, Fl
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Other Brand
I know glue traps work I caught 6 mice over 2 days with glue traps in my wash room. You will have to be proactive to catch and kill soon as they are on the trap not giving them the chance to remove limbs to get free. I found a leg on a trap the rat chewed through it's own leg to get free.

advertisement
rocmar

rocmar

Where Eagles & Angels....Dare to Fly...
Lifetime Member
Dec 21, 2014
4 CORNERS
Ownership

1. 500

Use decon...it drys um up..with wat ever
..chemicals they use..in it..
no stink

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!