P1000 Re-flash question

D

DDDonkey

I have PV3 along with Silber, Morris and Hess tunes. Silber in my opinion was total waste of money. 100% satisfied with my 87 octane tune from Morris and have a 93 tune coming this week. It will be a better test against the Hess tune. Tuning makes way more difference than I ever thought possible. The stock PV3 tune to me was just like the Silber tune, probably is the exact thing Silber sells as a custom tune.

View attachment 207930

Interesting on your take on tunes, can you tell us a little more the differences please? I have the Silber and am happy, I can feel the low end power but if there is something better out there I am all ears. I know the Silber does not change with the DTC, does that make a really big difference? Thank for any information you can provide.

aauman88

aauman88

Supporting Member
Feb 19, 2019
Georgia
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Interesting on your take on tunes, can you tell us a little more the differences please? I have the Silber and am happy, I can feel the low end power but if there is something better out there I am all ears. I know the Silber does not change with the DTC, does that make a really big difference? Thank for any information you can provide.

The only thing I noticed with Silber was clutches seemed to engage quicker so it was more responsive but after third gear it fell on its face. May be my specific setup that caused it but my buddy has similar setup and his did the same thing. He is currently running that setup until he buys another license so I can program his ECU. The Morris 87 tune is so much better across the entire throttle range that I’m not sure the 93 tune can be that much better but from the videos and reviews I have seen I had to try it. Machine is much more responsive, runs cooler and even idles smoother than before. And I haven’t found a situation yet that I couldn’t spin my tires or get enough traction and climb whatever I wanted.

Reactions: TripleB
Adam490

Adam490

HFA Grand High Wizard
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Apr 7, 2019
Covington, LA
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon R LV
@Adam490 thanks for the info
got mine ordered yesterday and it already shipped. supposed to arrive on thursday

@Adam490 are you planning to buy a tune or just use the one w the PV3?

i think i am going to use the PV3 tune at first and figure out how to tune it myself and see how it goes.
cant be that hard... 🤔
Not planning on buying any of the tunes. Going to check out the options in the PV3 and tinker on my own. I know a few guys that probably know what they are doing that I could lean on if need be :p. Once enough of us have these and get some time on them it should be pretty easy to get a solid base tune we could share.

JoeyL

JoeyL

Lifetime Member
Jan 28, 2020
Houston
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Not planning on buying any of the tunes. Going to check out the options in the PV3 and tinker on my own.
👍
I know a few guys that probably know what they are doing that I could lean on if need be :p
just got off the phone with a buddy of mine who drag races.
the wideband O2 sensor is going to be a key part of getting this right (or spending time on a dyno, which i dont think will happen for me)

Once enough of us have these and get some time on them it should be pretty easy to get a solid base tune we could share.
yep, just what i had in mind

should be a fun weekend terrorizing the neighborhood

D

DDDonkey

The only thing I noticed with Silber was clutches seemed to engage quicker so it was more responsive but after third gear it fell on its face. May be my specific setup that caused it but my buddy has similar setup and his did the same thing. He is currently running that setup until he buys another license so I can program his ECU. The Morris 87 tune is so much better across the entire throttle range that I’m not sure the 93 tune can be that much better but from the videos and reviews I have seen I had to try it. Machine is much more responsive, runs cooler and even idles smoother than before. And I haven’t found a situation yet that I couldn’t spin my tires or get enough traction and climb whatever I wanted.

Thank you very much for the response, I would agree with the Silber tune that the mid the top and it’s just not there. It does help in the low end I may have to look into changing things up!

GPR1500SC

GPR1500SC

Lifetime Member
Mar 3, 2016
North East MO
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X LV
You really don't need a wide band 😉

Images Images

Reactions: Adam490
ehart814

ehart814

Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Mar 28, 2016
NWPA
Ownership

1. 500

2. 1000-5
I'm excited to play with this.... Now that I will have the PV3, I can't wait to see what tunes people come up with. I can't wait for lower temps!

Reactions: GPR1500SC
ehart814

ehart814

Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Mar 28, 2016
NWPA
Ownership

1. 500

2. 1000-5
Also, I have 3 friends that have new pioneer 1000's. I am not going to tell them I got a tune. Should be funny. I know at least one of them will be so worried that there's something wrong with his machine if mine is faster... and I have bigger tires too. LOL

• Haha
Reactions: BigOL3
Ragnar406

Ragnar406

The Great Bald One
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 5, 2016
Bella Vista, AR
Ownership

1. 1000-5
advertisement
Adam490

Adam490

HFA Grand High Wizard
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Apr 7, 2019
Covington, LA
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon R LV
Comparing this to the power commander with Auto tune - Does this system use an autotune or include one?

If I understand the PV3 correct you can change shift points, fuel mix (like power commander) .. What else can you do?
Turn on shifting in reverse, control fan engagement specs, alter rev limiter, data logging. It looks to be much more user friendly than the PCV/AutoTune as well.

GPR1500SC

GPR1500SC

Lifetime Member
Mar 3, 2016
North East MO
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X LV
Comparing this to the power commander with Auto tune - Does this system use an autotune or include one?

If I understand the PV3 correct you can change shift points, fuel mix (like power commander) .. What else can you do?

No it doesn't do auto tune but you can plug your auto tune wide band sensor into it.
The stock narrow band sensor will give you a wider view then the wide band.

Reactions: ehart814
JoeyL

JoeyL

Lifetime Member
Jan 28, 2020
Houston
Ownership

1. 1000-5
my PV3 showed up a day early.
hopefully ill get to plug it in tonight and check it out after work...

LIVINTALL

LIVINTALL

Jan 26, 2020
AZ
Ownership

1. Do not currently own
It's been awhile but has anybody done any tune testing on their own and not on a bought tune?

advertisement

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!