P700 Rear brake grinding?

VTbarn1

VTbarn1

Nov 9, 2020
Vermont
Ownership

1. 700-2
Does anybody else get a chattering/grinding noise from their rear brakes? It sounds ugly. Is there a way to eliminate it?

Thanks, Steve

Smoking Joe

Smoking Joe

Mar 27, 2021
Alaska
Ownership

1. 700-2
I get a squealing sound from mine ever since about 100 miles! Pulled the caliper and hit everything with some brakekleen squeal goes away...until the next ride! I'd pull the caliper and see if you got a small pebble lodged in there!

DG Rider

DG Rider

Member: Triple Clutch Club
Lifetime Member
Aug 14, 2013
Casa Grande, AZ
Ownership

1. 700-2
Does anybody else get a chattering/grinding noise from their rear brakes? It sounds ugly. Is there a way to eliminate it?

Thanks, Steve
Just people who use the brakes on a 700.

Check the pads and for rocks to be sure, but the 700 (and to a lesser degree, the 500) have always been notorious for this. It's a consequence of sending braking force through the diff.

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!