P700 Rear Bumper Install Shortcut

junior1954

junior1954

Lifetime Member
Nov 27, 2017
Loda, Illinois
Ownership

1. 700-4
I just got done installing an OEM rear bumper. Instructions call for removing both rear tail light assemblies, which I found unnecessary. Once the inside cover and rear doors are removed and the bolts retaining the outer bed sides are removed the bed sides are loose but held captive (I think by the shoulder belt assembly-frankly I didn't look). The bed sides can be moved enough to allow the old tailgate hinges to be removed and the new bracket and hinge assemblies installed. Like a dope, I didn't discover this until AFTER I removed the tail lights. Once I slid the brackets into the tailgate I had to use a piece of wood to align (pry) the brackets with the holes in the frame but it wasn't a big deal (this was not caused by my short cut-it would have been necessary anyway).

I have a pile of boxes from stuff I bought over the winter-I'm starting with the biggest boxes first. Next, Mudbusters!

Last edited:
junior1954

junior1954

Lifetime Member
Nov 27, 2017
Loda, Illinois
Ownership

1. 700-4
Clean looking bumper. The brackets replace the tailgate hinges.

IMG 0145 IMG 0146 IMG 0147

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!