P700 Rear bumper, why?

G

gawnfishin

Apr 24, 2021
Ownership

1. 700-2
I have a friend who will fabricate a rear bumper for me. He asked what is the purpose and after thinking, other than astetics, I could not find a suitable answer. I have a hitch in the receiver and don’t tow excessive weight. I don’t bury it in mud.
Can you tell me what you use yours for?

Reactions: swsebek
Ohio4x4

Ohio4x4

I brought the dishwasher
Lifetime Member
Aug 23, 2018
Ohio
Ownership

1. 1000-3
I have a friend who will fabricate a rear bumper for me. He asked what is the purpose and after thinking, other than astetics, I could not find a suitable answer. I have a hitch in the receiver and don’t tow excessive weight. I don’t bury it in mud.
Can you tell me what you use yours for?
I built mine after my daughter used my factory exhaust as brakes during a downhill emergency stop. It hurt the wallet a bit to replace it so i made a bumper to protect the new one. While making it i decided to add a plate for the rear winch. I also anchored mine to the frame not the bed to be pulled on for recovery. I sacrificed the bed dumping with the tailgate open to keep it up high out of the way.

20200921 173324 9F52A490 5AB3 429B 955D D7DFA32AD893

Keebler

Keebler

Nov 1, 2020
St Charles, Mo
Ownership

1. 500
I am considering a rear bumper for my P500 so that I can have a place to mount my tail light/blinker and license plate. Some of the rides I go on require the P500 to be street legal, for now I mount lights and plate to a rack extension that I only put on for multi day rides.

HBarlow

HBarlow

Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2020
Daniels, WV
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. Talon X
I like the simple and inexpensive Honda accessory bumper to protect the plastic dump bed, tailgate, taillamps, and exhaust system from damage if I back into something. Also for aesthetics as you mentioned. It makes the rear look more finished with a bumper.

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!