P1000 Rear Camber adjustment?

AllenAdventure

AllenAdventure

May 23, 2016
Charlotte NC
Ownership

1. 1000-5
After my High Lifter lift was installed I noticed the top of the back wheels slightly leaning out with the preload of the shock. Is there a way to adjust the rear arms to get the tires straight up and down again?

joeymt33

joeymt33

i4WD=imitated 4WD
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Mar 17, 2015
Guntersville, AL
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
After my High Lifter lift was installed I noticed the top of the back wheels slightly leaning out with the preload of the shock. Is there a way to adjust the rear arms to get the tires straight up and down again?

I don't think so. With the CATVOS kit, you can but not with stock A-arms.

Reactions: amc019
Bayouownbeer

Bayouownbeer

Lifetime Member
Jun 3, 2014
Chauvin LA
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Mines the same way they lean out just a hair.

AllenAdventure

AllenAdventure

May 23, 2016
Charlotte NC
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I talked with high lifter today. The word I got was they all do that on the back. It's not terrible but if I was driving on hard surface regularly it would definitely make the tires wear unevenly. I'm not really going to stress over it because there's a portal lift in my future and the brackets will probably be removed. The gear reduction is something I want to run a more aggressive set up. Not that it's not fun now! Snorkel and winch are next up on my priority list.

Reactions: joeymt33
ghost

ghost

Lifetime Member
Dec 4, 2015
BC
You could put wheel spacers on. I have no lift with spacers the tires lean in a bit.

AllenAdventure

AllenAdventure

May 23, 2016
Charlotte NC
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I am getting ready to put 1" wheel spacers on because the tire rubs the shock a little at full lock. I'm interested to see how it sets after they're on.

ghost

ghost

Lifetime Member
Dec 4, 2015
BC
I've confused myself - I don't know if the wheel spacer caused the tire too lean in or just made it more pronounced. If it just exaggerates existing camber - your not gonna like it

joeymt33

joeymt33

i4WD=imitated 4WD
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Mar 17, 2015
Guntersville, AL
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
I've confused myself - I don't know if the wheel spacer caused the tire too lean in or just made it more pronounced. If it just exaggerates existing camber - your not gonna like it

A wheel spacer should not change camber at all. If anything, it would make the top of the tire lean in and you're adding more leverage to the spring therefore causing the machine to ride slightly lower. With a 1 inch spacer, you would notice any change.

ghost

ghost

Lifetime Member
Dec 4, 2015
BC
A wheel spacer should not change camber at all. If anything, it would make the top of the tire lean in and you're adding more leverage to the spring therefore causing the machine to ride slightly lower. With a 1 inch spacer, you would notice any change.
That makes sense - leverage causes it to sink (slightly).
I've been meaning to pull my spacers off so - i'll measure before and after to see if its noticable.
My rear tires lean in quite a bit and I didn't notice that till I changed wheel offset and spacers.

AllenAdventure

AllenAdventure

May 23, 2016
Charlotte NC
Ownership

1. 1000-5
That makes sense - leverage causes it to sink (slightly).
I've been meaning to pull my spacers off so - i'll measure before and after to see if its noticable.
My rear tires lean in quite a bit and I didn't notice that till I changed wheel offset and spacers.
I agree with the leverage.it should shift the weight and move the bottom of the tire out and the top in. That's what I'm looking for. I'm still running the stock wheels so I'm not getting a the advantage of the 2" offset the aftermarket wheels provide. I'm sure it won't completely correct the camber but it should improve it.

Reactions: joeymt33
advertisement
ghost

ghost

Lifetime Member
Dec 4, 2015
BC
Overall my test shows that the spacers did make a noticeable difference except on one wheel.
Without lift, all tires lean in - the rear tires by almost an inch. (12/32 inch on the 12 inch rim is makes it 7/8 inch from top of tire to bottom)

Here's my alignment equipment - the tape measure is not straight here - just showing you what i did. I measured distance to top of rim and bottom of rim and recorded the difference. 12 inch wheel and 28 inch tire.
IMG 3014
Left front with 1 inch spacer = 2/32 no spacer = 2/32 (-0.3 camber)
Right front 1 inch spacer = 4/32 no spacer = 4/32 (-0.6 camber)
left Rear 2 inch spacer = 12/32 no spacer = 12/32 (-1.8 camber)
Right rear 2 inch spacer = 16/32 no spacer = 13/32 <---- This is the only one that changed (-2.4 to -1.9 camber)

I'm thinking I might already have a weak shock.

Anyone else got this much lean on their stock setup? (sorry to divert your thread but it is all about camber)

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!