H2oFowler

May 13, 2017
Memphis,tn
Ownership

1. 1000-5
IMG 0429
IMG 0430
IMG 0431
Just thought I'd share an inexpensive cargo carrier I installed today. Picked up both the dual hitch mount and atv cargo carrier at Harbor Freight (20% coupon of course) for around $65 bucks.
Gives me ability to tow trailer and carry more junk when needed. Bed still dumps with no interference.

Last edited:
CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Just a Honda doing Honda things.
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
View attachment 44190 View attachment 44191 View attachment 44192 Just thought I'd share an inexpensive cargo carrier I installed today. Picked up both the dual hitch mount and atv cargo carrier at Harbor Freight (20% coupon of course) for around $65 bucks.
Gives me ability to tow trailer and carry more junk when needed. Bed still dumps with no interference.
That looks good especially higher. We had close to that setup and works great. One word of caution try not to overload the rack because even though the receiver is rated at a couple hundred pounds it's meant to be more straight down weight from the tongue of a trailer. A basket further out with the same amount of weight probably doubles that because of the pendulum effect. The receiver isn't the most solid part of the Pioneer.

Reactions: elkguide
H2oFowler

H2oFowler

May 13, 2017
Memphis,tn
Ownership

1. 1000-5
That looks good especially higher. We had close to that setup and works great. One word of caution try not to overload the rack because even though the receiver is rated at a couple hundred pounds it's meant to be more straight down weight from the tongue of a trailer. A basket further out with the same amount of weight probably doubles that because of the pendulum effect. The receiver isn't the most solid part of the Pioneer.
Makes perfect sense and I appreciate it.
Don't plan on carrying more than coolers, 14 gallon sprayer and hunting gear on occasion.
Thanks!

Reactions: CumminsPusher
CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Just a Honda doing Honda things.
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
Makes perfect sense and I appreciate it.
Don't plan on carrying more than coolers, 14 gallon sprayer and hunting gear on occasion.
Thanks!
Well it should do that just fine. Just didn't want that receiver to be an issue for you

Last edited:
Reactions: Nipper
Delton

Delton

Honda Fanboy
Vendor
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Jan 6, 2016
Middle TN
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I like that! Alot easier to mount than my XL bed extender lol. Sometimes quick install is the way to go.

Reactions: Tigermark
N

Nipper

May 11, 2017
Oklahoma
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Put my rack together yesterday. Need the dual mount to extend out far enough that the tube dosent hit the muffler shield then ill be in business. Im sure the stuff on the rack might take a beating from rocks/mud but that will give the yeti some character

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

J

JTW

I bought a rack from academy a few weeks ago. I need to get a hitch extension like yours! Do you remover how much it was?

N

Nipper

May 11, 2017
Oklahoma
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I bought a rack from academy a few weeks ago. I need to get a hitch extension like yours! Do you remover how much it was?

Prob cheaper at Harbor Freight but my phone was closer.....5d7a3d3a65a1df86088f9f04169361ff

Reactions: elkguide and JTW
N

Nipper

May 11, 2017
Oklahoma
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I'd suggest buying an anti rattle pin like this below. Cheap overseas dual hitch has lots of movement and this fixed mine from rattling and driving me crazy.
Amazon.com: The Hitch Titan Hitch Tightener | Anti-Rattle Hitch Pin Reduces Noise and Swaying | For Use with 1.25" or 2" Tow Hitch Receivers | Made of Heavy-Duty Black Powder Coated Steel: Automotive
Thanks waterfowler...i just ordered it. Have you loaded it much? Noticed any change in ride? I havent had a chance to load mine but id assume the self leveling suspension would help? Not planning on putting more than a loaded cooler on mine but, coldbeer gets heavy!

N

Nipper

May 11, 2017
Oklahoma
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Thanks waterfowler...i just ordered it. Have you loaded it much? Noticed any change in ride? I havent had a chance to load mine but id assume the self leveling suspension would help? Not planning on putting more than a loaded cooler on mine but, coldbeer gets heavy!

I was wondering how much that hitch would rattle.....figured it would drive a man crazy at low speeds.

Reactions: JTW
J

JTW

So this all reminds me...

I just have a solid shaft 3 ball hitch in mine right now.. this past weekend I noticed going down the trial when the rear suspension would compress it felt like I had something rubbing the tread on the tire. I could feel it but I couldn't find it. I finally stopped and looked and crawled all under it... just happens to pull myself up by the hitch and gave it a good shake. Sure enough, it was only rattling when I would hit a large enough bump and at just the right angle and speed.

H2oFowler

H2oFowler

May 13, 2017
Memphis,tn
Ownership

1. 1000-5

Hadnt tried it out much as of yet. Don't think I'll have much more than a loaded yeti and some gear for the most part so let you know after this weekends use.
Thanks

H2oFowler

H2oFowler

May 13, 2017
Memphis,tn
Ownership

1. 1000-5
So this all reminds me...

I just have a solid shaft 3 ball hitch in mine right now.. this past weekend I noticed going down the trial when the rear suspension would compress it felt like I had something rubbing the tread on the tire. I could feel it but I couldn't find it. I finally stopped and looked and crawled all under it... just happens to pull myself up by the hitch and gave it a good shake. Sure enough, it was only rattling when I would hit a large enough bump and at just the right angle and speed.
That anti rattle piece is great... I have used them for years on other vehicles and former Rhino.

Reactions: Nipper and JTW

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!