Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Mar 21, 2016
North Dakota
Ownership

1. 500

2. 1000-5
Do you ride gravel roads? At faster pace?
I have had the same problem because of gravel roads and rocks climbing. In essence it is sand blasting with gravel, lol. Could be a great excuse to upgrade to SuperATV a-arms. I still notice the new a arms get beat up the same. Only real option, other than changing riding style is to add guards. I’ve never had them but have seen some of the club members make their own custom HD guards. Weigh in here guys, and don’t be afraid to repost those pics and priceso_O

Reactions: Mudwing and sharp
rlutech

rlutech

Jan 18, 2015
Wisconsin
Ownership

1. 1000-3
I have had the same problem because of gravel roads and rocks climbing. In essence it is sand blasting with gravel, lol. Could be a great excuse to upgrade to SuperATV a-arms. I still notice the new a arms get beat up the same. Only real option, other than changing riding style is to add guards. I’ve never had them but have seen some of the club members make their own custom HD guards. Weigh in here guys, and don’t be afraid to repost those pics and priceso_O
Yea, I might have to fab up some shields I guess.

Reactions: Eltobgi and sharp
Buford

Buford

May 9, 2016
U.S.A.
I am not above criticism when it’s due but blasted by gravel is abuse few coatings that are economical enough for mass production are going to hold up to. There are some EXPENSIVE specialized coating that will hold up to more abuse but gravel I think would still beat them away.

Actually the best automotive refinish products available , specifically BASF Glasurit, has products that would hold up as well as a painted surface can hold up. But you are correct, not really economical for mass production chassis parts :D.
Now if you don't care if it's shiny and pretty, some industrial coatings would last good in that application, one of them being Ceramkote.

Reactions: BWAF

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!