• Thread starter JodyRounseville
  • Start date
J

JodyRounseville

Aug 3, 2018
Custer SD
Ownership

1. 700-2
Hi, I just purchased a 2018 Pioneer 700. I'm from Custer SD and want to thank you for the various threads, especially the "how to" segments. I just got done changing my front differential gear oil, no problem. Then I got the 10mm socket out and loosened the drain bolt on the rear. Once loosened, oil sprayed out everywhere. It's obvious that there is pressure built up. My question is this: Is there a vent somewhere that leads from the differential? I looked for a tube or vent of some sort but to no avail. Any assistance would be greatly appreciated. Thank You

J

JodyRounseville

Aug 3, 2018
Custer SD
Ownership

1. 700-2
I found the the rubber hose that leads into the frame, pulled it out and it appears to have a clip on it to hold it in the frame but I would think that this clip would restrict the air flow into the differential...Thanks for the replies, Jody

Reactions: swsebek
Gator

Gator

The Most Unknown Member
Lifetime Member
Sep 16, 2015
Louisiana
Ownership

1. 700-2
I removed the clip when I moved mine, but I wouldn't think it could completely pinch off all the air. It doesn't need much. There is practically zero flow. But it definitely has to breath that tiny bit.
I'm glad you found that it was holding pressure. That means your seals are tight.

J

JodyRounseville

Aug 3, 2018
Custer SD
Ownership

1. 700-2
You're correct, it wasn't pinched at all, I tried to blow through it but it was virtually impossible. I think I will just put it back into the frame and go from there. I sure appreciate all the replies. What a great forum. Thank You

swsebek

swsebek

Red,White And Blue Collar Soul
Lifetime Member
May 4, 2014
pa
Ownership

1. 700-4
You're correct, it wasn't pinched at all, I tried to blow through it but it was virtually impossible. I think I will just put it back into the frame and go from there. I sure appreciate all the replies. What a great forum. Thank You
I'm thinking if the fill cap is off,you should be able to blow through it.
Maybe QC didn't notice the cast aluminum hole was plugged

J

JodyRounseville

Aug 3, 2018
Custer SD
Ownership

1. 700-2
I'm thinking if the fill cap is off,you should be able to blow through it.
Maybe QC didn't notice the cast aluminum hole was plugged
It had this plastic piece at the end of the rubber hose that fits in the frame. Is it suppose to be there? Seems like it's blocking any ability to vent...

002 003

DG Rider

DG Rider

Member: Triple Clutch Club
Lifetime Member
Aug 14, 2013
Casa Grande, AZ
Ownership

1. 700-2
I can blow through it with the cap off...Shouldn't hurt to keep the cap off I wouldn't think
Would be fine if the hose stays put. Could just take a needle or something and put a hole in the cap, since being stuck in the frame might give a bit more protection from splashes, etc .Prob just plastic flashing so the hole didn't form right.

Reactions: JodyRounseville
swsebek

swsebek

Red,White And Blue Collar Soul
Lifetime Member
May 4, 2014
pa
Ownership

1. 700-4
how is the hose attached to the hole of the frame then? It doesn't have a screen at all?
On my "14" the breather tube was just pushed through the hole. Last year I attached a nipple from a vacuum line kit I had,and I extended that line up higher.along with my fan motor and gas vent. I don't go in water any deeper then the floor,but sheet happens and I'm going to make this machine go for the long haul.

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!