ehart814

Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Mar 28, 2016
NWPA
Ownership

1. 500

2. 1000-5
Well I mentioned it before, but finally got a chance to asses the damage. I was at a complete stop and a Polaris ranger crew hit me HARD. I'm actually surprised my neck wasn't injured from whiplash. The Polaris has a winch sticking straight out the front and that was what hit me. Hit the end of my muffler directly hard enough to move my buggy over a foot while I was holding the brake.
666cf13270b0ecf9d164cafcd3c42aba
Ed4f2a04d51d65e5a7ddbb24df22946c
651c57241edf06a4307c06e474df1c2c

Somehow it doesn't seem to be vibrating and I don't have any exhaust leaks. You can see the muffler was pushed right into the right frame rail. I don't think I'm going to even attempt to straighten it out because I don't want to crack the exhaust.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: Jshell3
AKRider

AKRider

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Mar 31, 2016
Palmer, Alaska
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Wow! Sounds like that popo driver needs to slow down a bit. Glad you weren't injured. Hopefully the other driver had insurance or is paying for your damages.

Montecresto

Montecresto

Montecresto el segundo
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jan 17, 2016
Eastern oklahoma
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500

3. 1000-3

4. 1000-5

5. Talon X4
Well I mentioned it before, but finally got a chance to asses the damage. I was at a complete stop and a Polaris ranger crew hit me HARD. I'm actually surprised my neck wasn't injured from whiplash. The Polaris has a winch sticking straight out the front and that was what hit me. Hit the end of my muffler directly hard enough to move my buggy over a foot while I was holding the brake.
View attachment 26552
View attachment 26553
View attachment 26554

Somehow it doesn't seem to be vibrating and I don't have any exhaust leaks. You can see the muffler was pushed right into the right frame rail. I don't think I'm going to even attempt to straighten it out because I don't want to crack the exhaust.

I completely agree with you that it would be best not to attempt to move it back to its original location, sense you have no leaks or vibrations.

Reactions: ehart814
J

JTW

View attachment 26552
View attachment 26553
View attachment 26554

Glad you're ok.. I'm with ya. I wouldn't move it!

cschomber63

cschomber63

Nov 14, 2016
Beloit
View attachment 26552
View attachment 26553
View attachment 26554

Hope your ok!

Reactions: Eltobgi
J

Jshell3

Dang man. Yeah I had read that earlier. Sorry about the damage. Glad it's not worse and that you are ok.

How much was the exhaust on the eBay parts bike? I've already bought the passenger side front axel... we could share bike DNA and be brothers!!!

Or you could change the exhaust system completely...
or
Drive it like it is if it works ok.

(Btw, I like that Tek 3 hitch :))

Reactions: JTW and ehart814
moparornocar

moparornocar

RIP....Rocmar...
Lifetime Member
Jan 26, 2016
Augusta, Wisconsin
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I'd be calling up his insurance and getting it all replaced and stuck on the frame rack jut to be safe.

Reactions: AKRider
ehart814

ehart814

Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Mar 28, 2016
NWPA
Ownership

1. 500

2. 1000-5
Didn't want to drop any names, but it was my dad that hit me. He always tailgates people for some reason and it's really annoying (and occasionally destructive!). His legs don't work very good, so he couldn't get to the brake pedal fast enough. I usually avoid riding in front of him....I will avoid it even more now.

I'm just going to run it as is until I have a problem. I'll know for sure if there are any ill effects of the bent exhaust soon... Going for some serious riding this weekend.

Eltobgi

Eltobgi

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Mar 21, 2016
North Dakota
Ownership

1. 500

2. 1000-5
Well now that we know it was your fault for not watching out for your dad:rolleyes:
Hey I bet if you had some of those light whippet thingys he may have seen you;)

advertisement
chrisC

chrisC

Lifetime Member
Jul 4, 2015
Newfoundland, Canada
Ownership

1. 500
There was another thread about bumpers.
I guess sometimes they have a place. I always worry about Ice in my wintertime rides. I've had a couple people veer into the bushes to avoid hitting me. :eek:
Got to get working on that rear bumper !

ehart814

ehart814

Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Mar 28, 2016
NWPA
Ownership

1. 500

2. 1000-5
Admit it....you were racing with your Dad and when he went to pass, you shut the door.:eek:
HA! I know better than to race him... If he really wanted to win, he would run me off the road. He doesn't care about destroying machines - even his own.

Besides... obviously it's safer to be behind him than in front of him. So why on earth would I race him? haha

cschomber63

cschomber63

Nov 14, 2016
Beloit
HA! I know better than to race him... If he really wanted to win, he would run me off the road. He doesn't care about destroying machines - even his own.

Besides... obviously it's safer to be behind him than in front of him. So why on earth would I race him? haha

Cool!

Mudder

Mudder

NTC Ambassador of Walls
Lifetime Member
Oct 1, 2016
Georgia
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500
Strange that I was talking to someone today about a rear bumper and how the exhaustmsticksmoit, bad design. Hope it did not do damage to the manifold joint, may want to get it checked at a dealer to avoid problems down the road, small cracks or weakened? Glad you are OK.

R

Rustell

Yep... I'd do that to my son too. I brought him into this world... I can take him out. :eek:

trigger

trigger

Old Ironsides
Vendor
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Feb 13, 2016
Bay City, Michigan
www.quickshieldutv.com
Ownership

1. 500
Didn't want to drop any names, but it was my dad that hit me. He always tailgates people for some reason and it's really annoying (and occasionally destructive!). His legs don't work very good, so he couldn't get to the brake pedal fast enough. I usually avoid riding in front of him....I will avoid it even more now.

I'm just going to run it as is until I have a problem. I'll know for sure if there are any ill effects of the bent exhaust soon... Going for some serious riding this weekend.

Need to get him a front mounted spare. ;)

Reactions: ehart814
advertisement

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!