Dragon21

Dragon21

In my defense, I was left unsupervised
Lifetime Member
Sep 23, 2013
Raleigh, NC
Ownership

1. Do not currently own
Who has rear bars on theirs? Id like to do a 20-30" single row under the roof mounted to the ROPS but with the way the roof drops down in the middle im not sure how well that would work. So thinking about maybe doing 2 7" light bars on each side. Would like to see if anyone has done a single light bar and how well it mounts up.

ohanacreek

ohanacreek

My EcoBoost has I4WD
Lifetime Member
Jul 25, 2013
Shelby County, Alabama
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Who has rear bars on theirs? Id like to do a 20-30" single row under the roof mounted to the ROPS but with the way the roof drops down in the middle im not sure how well that would work. So thinking about maybe doing 2 7" light bars on each side. Would like to see if anyone has done a single light bar and how well it mounts up.

Ef392de3cd02161ab958e9b44f518eca

Reactions: Dragon21 and JTW
Dragon21

Dragon21

Lifetime Member
Sep 23, 2013
Raleigh, NC
Ownership

1. Do not currently own
I like the 2 on the side because the way the roof is in the back. Ive thought about trimming the center section that dips down so its straight across the back. I really wanted to do a single row but would have to angle it down a lot because of the roof if i went that way.

ohanacreek

ohanacreek

My EcoBoost has I4WD
Lifetime Member
Jul 25, 2013
Shelby County, Alabama
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I like the 2 on the side because the way the roof is in the back. Ive thought about trimming the center section that dips down so its straight across the back. I really wanted to do a single row but would have to angle it down a lot because of the roof if i went that way.

The TSC clamps put it far enough down you can aim it out. The one I've got lights up pretty good behind me.

Reactions: utvmi and Dragon21
Dragon21

Dragon21

Lifetime Member
Sep 23, 2013
Raleigh, NC
Ownership

1. Do not currently own
The TSC clamps put it far enough down you can aim it out. The one I've got lights up pretty good behind me.
those are the clamps i was gonna use. How long is your lightbar?

advertisement
EricG

EricG

Lifetime Member
Jul 19, 2017
North East PA
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Traveller 1 in. Adjustable Tube Mount
@EricG This is the one you want. It says 1" but has an adapter for 1.75".

Edit: It also doesn't say it anywhere, but there's two in the package.
Thanks I appreciate it. I'll grab those for a bar up front on the push bar but the lights I have for the back are a cube style so they have the mounting point on the bottom of the as opposed to the side. These are the lights I got
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B075VTBTW5/?tag=sxsweb24-20

I am thinking this is the mount I may have to go with
https://www.amazon.com/Adjustable-Clamp-Lights-Windshields-Roofs/dp/B015YCR7QI/?tag=sxsweb24-20

I just don't know if the bolt that came to mount the light will fit in the slot on these.

Reactions: Landman
Landman

Landman

The Great Bearded One
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jun 27, 2017
Central Arkansas
Ownership

1. Do not currently own
Thanks I appreciate it. I'll grab those for a bar up front on the push bar but the lights I have for the back are a cube style so they have the mounting point on the bottom of the as opposed to the side. These are the lights I got

https://www.amazon.com/Adjustable-Clamp-Lights-Windshields-Roofs/dp/B015YCR7QI/ref=sr_1_11?s=automotive&ie=UTF8&qid=1512655335&sr=1-11&keywords=1.75"+roll+bar+mount

I just don't know if the bolt that came to mount the light will fit in the slot on these.

For cube lights mounted horizontally, I'm using this bracket. It's not the easiest to work with but I like how short it is overall.

Reactions: EricG
ohanacreek

ohanacreek

My EcoBoost has I4WD
Lifetime Member
Jul 25, 2013
Shelby County, Alabama
Ownership

1. 1000-5

https://www.amazon.com/Adjustable-Clamp-Lights-Windshields-Roofs/dp/B015YCR7QI/?tag=sxsweb24-20

Looks like it may have a threaded insert.

I’d try putting some rubber between it, the biggest issue I ran into was that the clamps would rotate around the bar no matter how tight I clamped it.

Reactions: EricG
EricG

EricG

Lifetime Member
Jul 19, 2017
North East PA
Ownership

1. 1000-5
EricG

EricG

Lifetime Member
Jul 19, 2017
North East PA
Ownership

1. 1000-5
If you pick these up let us know how they work, I have something they might be perfect for.
So I bought a set and they came today. They fit the roll bar tight. These are adjustable as well for different size bars. I tried moving them after they were clamped down and it wasn't happening. They are tight. That being said I haven't rode with them but for how right they are I can't see them moving. It's nice they are size adjustable and you have to about open them all the way to fit the roll cage. I gotta see if they will also adjust to fit the smaller tube on the Honda front bumper. I got the ones with the tab on them. They do come with a piece of rubber but I don't think the clamp would fit if I placed the rubber in there. I'll play around more in a few days with them. These are the ones I got. Aren't cheap but the are convenient.
Polaris Ranger UTV Roll Bar Clamp w/Bracket for LED Lights, Windshields, Roofs.. | eBay

Reactions: ohanacreek

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!