P500 Rear Panel window and highway winds?

100Acre

100Acre

Samsquinch the Terrible Magic Bean Manipulator
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Apr 25, 2017
Idaho
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Should I roll up the rear Honda OEM window when traveling at highway speeds or do you think it'll be okay with the windshield in front of it? Also, do you leave the door Nets up as well?
Tanks...

HUCK

HUCK

Lifetime Member
Jun 21, 2016
ARIZONA
Ownership

1. 500

2. Talon X
Haul mine like this ,windshield down , 70mph , no problem .
IMG 7806

HUCK

HUCK

Lifetime Member
Jun 21, 2016
ARIZONA
Ownership

1. 500

2. Talon X
I'm diggin the old building in the background. Is that an old gas station?
Yes I took a picture of my last new car in front of it
IMG 5807
and was on my way for a ride 6/27 and thought I would get one of the new truck and p5 . It's just outside of an old ghost town in (Jerome) Az .

iowaguy

iowaguy

Lifetime Member
Sep 22, 2014
Eastern Iowa
Ownership

1. Other Brand
Should I roll up the rear Honda OEM window when traveling at highway speeds or do you think it'll be okay with the windshield in front of it? Also, do you leave the door Nets up as well?
Tanks...
I take the windshield off and roll up the back window, No issues and less wind resistance

D

Deleted member 3748

@100Acre - Have we ever discussed using adhesive on the rubber windshield trim? Some people lose them going down the road. I used door trim adhesive to stick mine down. The reason I used door trim adhesive is because I had a tube of it in the garage.

advertisement
sam3006

sam3006

Dec 28, 2014
Damascus, AR
Ownership

1. 500
@100Acre - Have we ever discussed using adhesive on the rubber windshield trim? Some people lose them going down the road. I used door trim adhesive to stick mine down. The reason I used door trim adhesive is because I had a tube of it in the garage.

I used a tube of 100% silicone caulk on mine after putting it back on for the 500th time, no problems since.

I bought my 500 in 2014, when they first came out, and put a full windshield and rear panel on before it left the dealership. I've either trailer or hauled it in the back of a truck for 1000's of miles, 3/2000 mile round trips to Colorado in one year, and always leave front and back windshields in place, never had a problem. I have removed both once to check the gas mileage and to my great surprise it made no difference on my mileage when pulling it on a trailer at freeway speeds. I've never taken either out again.

100Acre

100Acre

Samsquinch the Terrible Magic Bean Manipulator
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Apr 25, 2017
Idaho
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I take the windshield off and roll up the back window, No issues and less wind resistance
I just don't have anywhere to store the windshield

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!