P700 Rear U-Joint

scoutleader

scoutleader

Jun 8, 2021
League City Texas
Ownership

1. 700-4
Well this happened yesterday. Has anyone successfully separated the joint assembly from the propeller shaft? They're sold as two separate assemblies. Doesn't look like enough room the get an allen wrench in there.

Shaft 1 Shaft 2

Reactions: Mudwing
scoutleader

scoutleader

Jun 8, 2021
League City Texas
Ownership

1. 700-4
I have been curious about this too. I haven't found any information on this drive line part.
I will update when I receive the parts. These like everything else I've ordered from Honda have been backordered. I'm stuck with front wheel drive for now.

DG Rider

DG Rider

Member: Triple Clutch Club
Lifetime Member
Aug 14, 2013
Casa Grande, AZ
Ownership

1. 700-2
Sorry...didn't see this when it was posted. Yes, the yoke just taps off the shaft. Sometimes they can be a bit stubborn, esp if there is corrosion in the splines.

That u joint assembly has been on backorder for a while...like a year. It's used on several Hondas, so if you can find a used one at salvage, that might be the best bet. Someone also makes just the u joint itself, but it looks like your yokes are knackered.

Reactions: scoutleader
scoutleader

scoutleader

Jun 8, 2021
League City Texas
Ownership

1. 700-4
Sorry...didn't see this when it was posted. Yes, the yoke just taps off the shaft. Sometimes they can be a bit stubborn, esp if there is corrosion in the splines.

That u joint assembly has been on backorder for a while...like a year. It's used on several Hondas, so if you can find a used one at salvage, that might be the best bet. Someone also makes just the u joint itself, but it looks like your yokes are knackered.
Yeah the yokes are trashed. I was doing about 45 mph when it decided to go. I want it fixed properly. I called yesterday and they're saying mid-November. Even though last month they said mid-October. It's a lot harder to turn in front wheel drive too. So I am ready to get it fixed. Thanks for the update!

Reactions: DG Rider

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!