Rear wheel bearings

D

Dankathy

May 4, 2020
Utah
Ownership

1. Talon R
I am aware that the rear wheel bearings have play in them when they are new because they are double roll ball bearings, not tapered timkens. I dont pretend to remember what these were like when they were new, but mine seem to have a lot of movement in them. So, the question is, how to measure- pull the brake caliper off, put the wheel back on and measure at the rim? How loose is to loose? Kind of would like to do a measurement, not a judgment call.

Reactions: TxDoc
Dug2024

Dug2024

"Super Chicken"
Lifetime Member
May 22, 2019
West Georgia
Ownership

1. 500

2. Talon X
I had what I thought was play in the rear bearings...top to bottom... but it turned out to be the radius rod bushings...
Check it close....

J

jackw13

Oct 28, 2020
peoria , az
Ownership

1. Talon R
Mine is at the dealer now and am waiting to hear what they say. I noticed the play when I put on new tender springs . I could wiggle left rear wheel up and down, and front to rear appox. 1/4". Other wheels were tight. This machine has 1100 miles now . I never hit anything , which is the first thing I was asked. I took it in Mon. , and haven't heard a word . I called twice left a message but no return call.

Reactions: Dug2024
J

jackw13

Oct 28, 2020
peoria , az
Ownership

1. Talon R
Up date: Brought machine home , will wait until Honda makes deciesion on warranty , and sends out parts .Dealer thinks another week or so.

Reactions: Mudwing
J

jackw13

Oct 28, 2020
peoria , az
Ownership

1. Talon R
Dug2024 I also have rear arm bushings lose . Did honda fix under warranty ? Mine is a R .

Dug2024

Dug2024

"Super Chicken"
Lifetime Member
May 22, 2019
West Georgia
Ownership

1. 500

2. Talon X
Dug2024 I also have rear arm bushings lose . Did honda fix under warranty ? Mine is a R .
I just replaced mine with high clearance radius rods from s3 s3 Powersports..

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!