RECALL - 2016 - 2019 - ALL Honda Pioneer 1000's - Official throttle pedal assembly

D

DDDonkey

After contacting the dealer, I was told that they needed to have the unit on-site to validate the specific assembly as the VIN number would not be specific enough. Has anyone else run into this?
Nope called local dealer and they ordered it over the phone, they will call back when it’s in.

RedFred1

RedFred1

Aug 4, 2018
North Carolina
Ownership

1. 1000-3
After contacting the dealer, I was told that they needed to have the unit on-site to validate the specific assembly as the VIN number would not be specific enough. Has anyone else run into this?

Nope... just called dealer and they ordered... parts in now and getting installed next week.

FredD

DAV11

DAV11

Supporting Member
Dec 12, 2018
Minnesota
Ownership

1. 1000-5
If they need to look at the gas pedal, just send them a picture? My dealer just ordered the part and scheduled me in a couple weeks.

Hondasxs

Hondasxs

Club Founder
Staff member
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Feb 13, 2013
Charlotte, NC
HondaSxS.com
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon R
Lol.
If it's not an April 2019 + build then its effected.
There wasting your time double trip.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

RedFred1

RedFred1

Aug 4, 2018
North Carolina
Ownership

1. 1000-3
Got it done today... dropped it off and went to Bojangles to get a biscuit... was done when I got back.
Dealer had one of these sitting on the floor... listed at $20,939. Not my cup of tea, but I can see why some like it.

Brushy Mountain Motor Sports, Wilkesboro, NC

047AF728 AAEF 452E AD63 015AEED6B2E5

B0962A38 2C1E 4C16 9814 5EC1667DDB82

walexa07

walexa07

Lifetime Member
Feb 6, 2016
Louisiana
Ownership

1. 1000-5
For anyone that hasn't had the recall performed - please get in to get it done. We went riding in Arkansas this past weekend and the throttle stuck wide open on our Pioneer causing an accident that tore up the front right running gear (a-arms, shock, tie-rod, and looks like a few plastic rivets). We were lucky nobody was injured worse than a couple bruises but it could have been really bad (it was myself, my wife, 10yo, 7yo, and 1yo. My local dealer says Honda has always been great about stepping up and taking care of stuff like this - hoping this is the case for us. Anyway, my primary point is to raise awareness to get this taken care of ASAP. Mine had never shown any signs of sticky throttle until this incident. We have been very pleased with the Pioneer so far and it fits our family's needs great as a trail rig - there's nothing else out there I'd rather have.

For anyone that has looked at theirs - what is the mode of stiction? Is the pivot just a carbon steel barrel on a carbon steel pin with close tolerances that corrodes up? Does the replacement include a plastic bushing or something?

Thanks,

Waylan

Reactions: Plumber32
walexa07

walexa07

Lifetime Member
Feb 6, 2016
Louisiana
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Just FYI - Honda has agreed to take care of the repairs - total came to ~$4,000. The most expensive part is replacing the frame.

Waylan

TripleB

TripleB

Lifetime Member
Aug 13, 2018
Caryville, Tennessee
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
Did you buy it in Chattanooga? I bought mine there and so did my buddy. They told him the same s***. I'm gonna call Knoxville and see what they say. I wish they would just give me the pedal assembly and let me do it myself.

Chevy412SP

Chevy412SP

Aug 30, 2018
Western New York
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Just FYI - Honda has agreed to take care of the repairs - total came to ~$4,000. The most expensive part is replacing the frame.

Waylan
Glad your all okay, scary for sure. Good to see they are stepping up and taking care of it.

Weezil

Weezil

Mar 8, 2019
South Carolina
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I wish they would just give me the pedal assembly and let me do it myself.
Amen brother. Went to my local dealer to schedule the recall repair and asked for a price on replacing the air filter at the same time cuz I had just returned from dusty a** Durhamtown. He told me 90 bucks so I asked if he knew a method to clean the filter since I didn't want to pay that. He says, "it's just a foam filter, blow it out with an air hose." I was like dude, first it isn't foam and second it says in 3 places on the filter not to clean with compressed air. I think I will take it somewhere else for the recall repair.

Plumber32

Plumber32

Go ride!
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Jun 15, 2014
Wisconsin
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Amen brother. Went to my local dealer to schedule the recall repair and asked for a price on replacing the air filter at the same time cuz I had just returned from dusty a** Durhamtown. He told me 90 bucks so I asked if he knew a method to clean the filter since I didn't want to pay that. He says, "it's just a foam filter, blow it out with an air hose." I was like dude, first it isn't foam and second it says in 3 places on the filter not to clean with compressed air. I think I will take it somewhere else for the recall repair.
Is this dealer a Honda only? Seems most of these reports are from multi line dealers.

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!