BOX1

P1000 RECALL - ALL Honda Pioneer 1000's due to Fire and Burn Hazards, Nov 8th 2018

J

JJoiner38

Dec 13, 2018
Tampa
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I lost mine over the weekend. Second ride. Didn’t make it through a full tank of gas and it caught fire while I was riding. If there’s any chance I could get in touch with you my email is [email protected] I’d really like to hear how it’s being handled for you. Honda told me to get bent.

6CA37D5B 4082 4C19 AC5A 5BC9FBB560AF 46924C92 04D9 4893 89A1 EFB7C7FBF1D5 630B0D92 1EC5 421E 8AAC 5F210BF54D92

H

HondaTech

That looks like an open and shut case to me, fire seems to be coming directly from the affected area. Had you had the recall done or were told the unit had been checked?

J

JJoiner38

Dec 13, 2018
Tampa
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Before anyone says it I already. I made a call on the way out and got quoted double what buddy pays for insurance. Before anyone accuses me of being penny wise I already know what several hundred dollars cost me. I planned to call around when I got back and get more prices. Not on here to hear it’s my fault for not having insurance. Who in the world would expect this happen. As far as clear cut and the pic showing where it came from; Tim-supervisor of warranty and replacement work has told me I’m the first case of this and there’s no evidence it was an issue with the product.

Reactions: CumminsPusher
Eltobgi

Eltobgi

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Mar 21, 2016
North Dakota
Ownership

1. 500

2. 1000-5
F0791307 2D78 49DE ACD2 04B510D58732

Just ordered this because...well you never know! @Hondasxs is there an official fire extinguisher for the club? Checked the store and didn’t see one:(

J

JJoiner38

Dec 13, 2018
Tampa
Ownership

1. 1000-5
As far as having it looked it... I just purchased this from the dealership. Until this happened I wasn’t aware there was any type of recall.

J

JJoiner38

Dec 13, 2018
Tampa
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I can honestly say by the time I noticed I’m not sure a fire extinguisher would have helped or not. In any case I’ll carry one in the future

Eltobgi

Eltobgi

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Mar 21, 2016
North Dakota
Ownership

1. 500

2. 1000-5
As far as having it looked it... I just purchased this from the dealership. Until this happened I wasn’t aware there was any type of recall.
Damn Buddy sorry this happened to you! Hope no one was hurt! The only thing I can think of is to go over the dealerships head to Corporate! Good Luck!

Reactions: CumminsPusher
J

JJoiner38

Dec 13, 2018
Tampa
Ownership

1. 1000-5
The dealership sent for American Honda to come out and look at it. They said they couldn’t tell what from the damage what caused it and as such wouldn’t be standing behind it. Obviously when these things burn there’s nothing left to inspect. Not sure what they were hoping to find

Montecresto

Montecresto

Montecresto el segundo
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jan 17, 2016
Eastern oklahoma
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500

3. 1000-3

4. 1000-5

5. Talon x4
The dealership sent for American Honda to come out and look at it. They said they couldn’t tell what from the damage what caused it and as such wouldn’t be standing behind it. Obviously when these things burn there’s nothing left to inspect. Not sure what they were hoping to find
There’s forensics that can pinpoint where it started. Fire departments can tell you that the fire that burn down your house started in the kitchen in the receptacle behind the refrigerator. Don’t know how you’d tap into that though. Sorry for your loss.:(

Eltobgi

Eltobgi

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Mar 21, 2016
North Dakota
Ownership

1. 500

2. 1000-5
Sounds like they didn’t consider your photos or the fact that they had a recall:mad:

J

JJoiner38

Dec 13, 2018
Tampa
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Tim from American Honda let me know that Honda’s financial interest in this is a lot greater than mine. Can’t do anything for you if they can’t determine the cause.

Reactions: BWAF
Montecresto

Montecresto

Montecresto el segundo
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jan 17, 2016
Eastern oklahoma
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500

3. 1000-3

4. 1000-5

5. Talon x4
Sounds like they didn’t consider your photos or the fact that they had a recall:mad:
I wonder what legal responsibility we have to respond to recalls in a timely manner. I know for myself I dicked around for a few months. My P1K is only just now at the dealer for the various upgrades and that recall. I don’t have the recall notice in front of me right now, but it seems like from memory, we were instructed to stop using the machine and get to the dealer. I could be mistaken about that though.

Reactions: BWAF and Eltobgi
Little_g

Little_g

Aug 6, 2015
Parker, AZ
Ownership

1. 1000-3
Was this latest recall a stop sale or was that the heat shield?
I wonder what legal responsibility we have to respond to recalls in a timely manner. I know for myself I dicked around for a few months. My P1K is only just now at the dealer for the various upgrades and that recall. I don’t have the recall notice in front of me right now, but it seems like from memory, we were instructed to stop using the machine and get to the dealer. I could be mistaken about that though.
Yes it says stop use immediately. If the machine was fairly new I would think they would have done the recall before he took ownership.

A

Average_Joe

Aug 19, 2016
Gainesville, Fl
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Other Brand
Tim from American Honda let me know that Honda’s financial interest in this is a lot greater than mine. Can’t do anything for you if they can’t determine the cause.

We have quite a few Floridians here, who is the dealer your dealing with? I see your in Tampa theres a few users on the forum FloridaCracker, KnuckleDeep, ShadowAero, Dribblez we go out riding with the service Manager at Love Motorsports in Crystal River I wonder if another dealer can help you if you bought it and it burnt down the same weekend?

Love is where I bought my 2016 1000-5

Eltobgi

Eltobgi

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Mar 21, 2016
North Dakota
Ownership

1. 500

2. 1000-5
We discussed it on here long before I received the recall, not sure if it was the same for everyone else. So when we are discussing the issue of legal responsibility on behalf of the owner I would have to say if an owner was made aware of the potential hazard and chose to ignore it then you would be correct! But if no notice was given or a vehicle was purchased after a recall was issued, one could assume that the issue would have been resolved or the vehicle should not have been sold placing responsibility on the dealership. I know that although I did not bring mine in I immediately checked mine to ensure there was no danger.

BOX2
box3

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!