Receiver Hitch Beware

D

Deleted member 3748

Yah, this is a 700 - Guess I posted in the wrong forum.... If the moderator moves this to the 700 forum, it would be appeciated.
The OEM hitch is very sucepitible to failure with very little up pressure. Before the repair the receiver was bent 45° up. Now the hitch is crazy strong in any direction.
This problem applies to all machines. Your repair looks factory. Good job.

crazychris

crazychris

Oct 26, 2017
redfeild arkansas
Ownership

1. 1000-5
i was also concerned about the hitch bending using the groundhogs max. I did it twice on my 2006 can am outlander. bent it 45degrees. will have to beef up the receiver hitch before I use the ground hog max next year.

Reactions: Russ989
DAV11

DAV11

Supporting Member
Dec 12, 2018
Minnesota
Ownership

1. 1000-5
HEADS UP: Pioneer hitch receiver: I purchased a Bad Boy Ground Hog Max plow to work on a few small food plots on my property. The ground Hog is designed to fit most ATV 2" receivers and the downward pressure of both the operator and the ATV itself digs into and plows the soil. My hitch reciever on the Pioneer couldn't take the pressure in the photo below. I'm sure the excellent Honda engineers didn't have this in mind when they designed the receiver. I'm having it cut out and rewelded with more support. Don't get me wrong, both products are reputable. I really LOVE my Pioneer. Just didn't want to see any other Pioneer owners who may use the Ground Hog to experience what I did!

View attachment 1397
Thanks. We have a groundhog at the farm we hunt, and I could easily have done this.

Reactions: Russ989
Russ989

Russ989

Land of the free because of the Brave! 🇺🇸
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Dec 18, 2017
Missouri
Ownership

1. 1000-5
That’s some damage, you would think they would beef up the hitch from the factory. Of course it’s not designed for that particular use.

Reactions: Mudwing
T

TwoRs

Jun 21, 2020
South
Ownership

1. Do not currently own
Old post but I had the same thing happen to my Grizzly 550. Reinforced the hitch twice but still tweaked the mounts.

C

chaos19671

Feb 10, 2021
somewhere pa
Ownership

1. 1000-3
anyone know if the 1k is the same setup? how do you like the groundhog max? i was thinking of trying one we have some remote stand setups that we'd like to add some food plots to.

Seadonist

Seadonist

Feb 8, 2021
New Orleans
Ownership

1. 1000-5
anyone know if the 1k is the same setup? how do you like the groundhog max? i was thinking of trying one we have some remote stand setups that we'd like to add some food plots to.

It’s not the Honda hitch that’s the problem. Those Groundhog Max discs are BRUTAL on hitches, especially if you have hard soil, rocks or thick roots buried. I had one and got rid of it after having to replace multiple hitches on my Foreman. Ended up buying a small pull- behind disc and put weights on it. Personally, I wouldn’t waste my money on another one.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!