P500 Redesign for p500

L

Lenny

Oct 16, 2015
Ownership

1. 520
Yesterday a honda dealer in Pa. told me Honda would be doing a redesign on the p500 to include a dump box rather than the rack.He said he got his info from a honda rep.Has anyone heard of this?

JACKAL

JACKAL

Ancient Honda fanboi
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jun 11, 2015
Pioneer, TN
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5
Probably will know more concrete info in the next 60 days after the next Honda redline info is released to dealers. The last one yesterday let them know which variations of certain models of ATV's would not be returning for 2017. Nothing new on the SXS front as of yet but has been strongly rumored of an update to the P500 just not sure if it will be the 2017 or 2018 model year it happens.

Montecresto

Montecresto

Montecresto el segundo
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jan 17, 2016
Eastern oklahoma
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500

3. 1000-3

4. 1000-5

5. Talon X4
A dump bed for the P-5 would not be an upgrade. These machines are used by owners primarily for trail riding. I use my PoPo on the ranch to pick up and haul rock out of the pasture, firewood, cleanings from the barn for the garden, etc. all of which the dump bed is very good for. If Honda is going to make any upgrades to the P-5, there's plenty of feed back on this and other forums that would be better improvements.

William

William

If you ain’t first, you’re last...
Lifetime Member
Aug 31, 2014
Flowood MS
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Better suspension, a real bed, and automatic. I would buy a new one. Eps and locker would be nice but not a deal breaker. Under 10 grand for all of that is a requirement!

rocmar

rocmar

Where Eagles & Angels....Dare to Fly...
Lifetime Member
Dec 21, 2014
4 CORNERS
Ownership

1. 500
Better suspension, a real bed, and automatic. I would buy a new one. Eps and locker would be nice but not a deal breaker. Under 10 grand for all of that is a requirement!
sounds like a pipe dream.....
I knew wat I was buying.....
& I'm very happy with my
p500...the way it is....
do some mods...make it your own

William

William

Lifetime Member
Aug 31, 2014
Flowood MS
Ownership

1. 1000-5
love the paddles....
I'm 100% happy with mine too! But if they redid the p500 with some of those features I would have to buy one and keep mine. I gave mine to my son anyway, he will get it when he's old enough...

C

Chooglin

I would love to see them do away with that stupid reverse lever........I hate that damn thing !!!

I know some of you have tied it back or adjusted it all the way out , but I'm just not comfortable doing that !!

advertisement
William

William

Lifetime Member
Aug 31, 2014
Flowood MS
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I can't believe that 1. They don't come with a locker and 2. The aftermarket hasn't supplied one yet!
It's funny @William, you want an automatic on your 500, I want a manual on my 700! Grass is always greener I guess!

Y'all misunderstood me... I want another p500! LOL...But I would only buy one if it was redesigned. No sense in having two of the same sxs. I love the paddle shifting. The p500 is 100% perfect for me.... I just would have to buy another one if they put those features on it bc it would be an awesome machine! I will have my current p500 forever!

Gem99Ultra

Gem99Ultra

Dec 29, 2015
Warm Springs, GA
A dump bed for the P-5 would not be an upgrade. These machines are used by owners primarily for trail riding. I use my PoPo on the ranch to pick up and haul rock out of the pasture, firewood, cleanings from the barn for the garden, etc. all of which the dump bed is very good for. If Honda is going to make any upgrades to the P-5, there's plenty of feed back on this and other forums that would be better improvements.

Sorry Monte... At least I for one, bought mine for working, i.e. hauling, etc. It's the big list of other great features that the P500 has over all of the other brands that swayed me. On the other hand, the good outweighs the bad by far. I can build a bed but I can't build a fuel injection, disk brakes, shaft drive, and the slue of other features the P500 has that the competition does not have. Honda has it together!
Now, I do agree, the trail riding feature just adds topping to the cake.

Reactions: Lenny
Montecresto

Montecresto

Montecresto el segundo
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jan 17, 2016
Eastern oklahoma
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500

3. 1000-3

4. 1000-5

5. Talon X4
Sorry Monte... At least I for one, bought mine for working, i.e. hauling, etc. It's the big list of other great features that the P500 has over all of the other brands that swayed me. On the other hand, the good outweighs the bad by far. I can build a bed but I can't build a fuel injection, disk brakes, shaft drive, and the slue of other features the P500 has that the competition does not have. Honda has it together!
Now, I do agree, the trail riding feature just adds topping to the cake.
No need to be sorry for being in the minority Gem! Most P-500 owners are so for trail riding. Honda in fact, is marketing it as a trail machine. I'm glad you've found other utility for yours, but you don't have to sell the P-500 to me, I love mine, purchased it the month that Honda rolled them out.

JCart

JCart

Lifetime Member
Jul 14, 2014
Kamloops, BC Canada.
Ownership

1. 500
I like the idea of customizing so for me the rear rack is cool, others in time will have options for boxes, tipping etc. Redesign for me would be, in the following order, front locker, power steering, auto shift function, better suspension that is adjustable in the front, lower ROPS design. Now if one came out tomorrow would I buy it... Nope, love mine, too far down the mod trail to change up right now.

jrc

Reactions: jak9922
C

Chooglin

I am hoping that some of the new design can be fitted to the 2015-16 models ,without to much modding. I would just hope that it won't cost much......... I like my p500 and would not trade up for new but would like some of the features mentioned!

Reactions: JCart and jak9922
jak9922

jak9922

hot headed wopolock
Vendor
Lifetime Member
Jun 2, 2015
pittstown ny
agree whatever changes I hope are transferable

Talen

Talen

Aug 7, 2015
Central PA
I would love to see them do away with that stupid reverse lever........I hate that damn thing !!!

I know some of you have tied it back or adjusted it all the way out , but I'm just not comfortable doing that !!
Tightened my cable like the thread said. Worked great. Will not shift unless not moving. Lever was redundant

advertisement

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!