P500 Redesign for p500

Jbird

Jbird

Jan 6, 2016
Mena, AR
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I don't really care if they add a dump bed but I would sure like to see a metal box the size of the rack with a tail gate.

Reactions: Talen
p500fan

p500fan

Lifetime Member
Mar 30, 2015
Sand Point, AK
A dump bed for the P-5 would not be an upgrade. These machines are used by owners primarily for trail riding. I use my PoPo on the ranch to pick up and haul rock out of the pasture, firewood, cleanings from the barn for the garden, etc. all of which the dump bed is very good for. If Honda is going to make any upgrades to the P-5, there's plenty of feed back on this and other forums that would be better improvements.
I agree. The rear rack is versatile, and, with a little planning, can be tailored to suit most needs. I "wimped out" and purchased the OEM cargo tray. I thought that if I didn't like it, I could fabricate something more suitable. Haven't considered doing so, yet. With a 2"x4" for a "tailgate", and a gun carrier bought at Sportsman's Warehouse, I have something that suits me just fine. I did drill 4 small drain holes in the tray, and buy some ratchet straps and bungee cords to get a little more utility, but that is to be expected. I'm not sure why so many people have so much against the rear rack, or the cargo tray. They have served me admirably.

C

Chooglin

I liked the cargo tray too , the only reason I went with a box , was to keep my cargo dry and clean.

scottp500

scottp500

Jun 24, 2015
I don't really care if they add a dump bed but I would sure like to see a metal box the size of the rack with a tail gate.
Got this metal box at a golf cart store, on sale for 99.00. It has a drop gate and is pretty heavy duty. I coated it with truck bed coating then attached it using u-bolts. Also added tie down hooks on the inside.
DSCF0171

Jbird

Jbird

Jan 6, 2016
Mena, AR
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Got this metal box at a golf cart store, on sale for 99.00. It has a drop gate and is pretty heavy duty. I coated it with truck bed coating then attached it using u-bolts. Also added tie down hooks on the inside.
View attachment 13484
This looks perfect for my needs. What brand and model is it and what are the outside dimensions? Thanks.

Montecresto

Montecresto

Montecresto el segundo
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jan 17, 2016
Eastern oklahoma
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500

3. 1000-3

4. 1000-5

5. Talon X4
View attachment 13484
That's totally cool. The thing is that if the P-5 came with a dump bed, then that's what we'd all have. As it is, we all customise ours differently and there's rarely two alike. It's cool.

Reactions: Tflynn
scottp500

scottp500

Jun 24, 2015
This looks perfect for my needs. What brand and model is it and what are the outside dimensions? Thanks.
Sorry, I don't know model or brand. It measures 42 wide and 30 deep.

rocmar

rocmar

Where Eagles & Angels....Dare to Fly...
Lifetime Member
Dec 21, 2014
4 CORNERS
Ownership

1. 500
Any up grade....raises the price
the price & 50"width....is a big seller
then it's a Honda.....of course

Reactions: Montecresto and lee
advertisement
rocmar

rocmar

Lifetime Member
Dec 21, 2014
4 CORNERS
Ownership

1. 500
Thanks, when I get ready I'll have to check out some golf cart shops.
Images 1
don't know wat name brand...
but it hauls alot of weight....box ...dump bed
wouldn't of helped this dude....haha

rocmar

rocmar

Lifetime Member
Dec 21, 2014
4 CORNERS
Ownership

1. 500
My bro
Wtf someones trying to out tow ME!!!!!!!!!! Oh no way brah!!!!! :p

My brother sent me that pic
....but it is a load....
I give props...to the tires

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!