P1000 Reducing cab steam and dust

AKTMW

AKTMW

Oct 25, 2015
Anchorage
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I know there are a few posts out there about cab dust, but I wanted to see what others are doing to help keep dust and steam out of these fully enclosed cabs. With the All Weather package (with mid panel) the cab steam is horrible after even the smallest water crossing. The $800 heater/fan system can't keep up with the steam coming into the cab through the shifters. Only a couple of the heater vents can actually be aimed at the windshield, not much thought put into some of these accessories. We have full skids on the machines, so maybe that isn't helping.

I saw one post with the heat shield material under the seat to help with seat heat and steam, but has anybody come up with a good way to seal up the firewall area behind the shifters? A majority of the steam causing the issue comes blasting in through the shifter openings on the dash, and immediately fog up the windows.

I know it seems dumb to worry about steam and dust when riding, but I wouldn't have blown the $7K on the All Weather Package if I knew how many air gaps they missed. How am I supposed to keep my pajamas clean!? haha

M

Madore128

Mar 28, 2016
Ma
I cut it nice an clean an put it under the plastic pieces. An clipped them back down. Should work Great.

B

Boomboom907

Apr 27, 2016
Washington
Ownership

1. Do not currently own
Push a glove in your shifter track to block that air. Cut my dust down by half or better

Seal under the front of your seat. There's a guy on the forum that makes that foam stuff for around 30 bucks.

Idk about in front the the bed wall. I thought about ordering a pack of fender washers and robbing my worm of our scrap chunks of ruber roofing. The whole airbox gap is very disappointing to me. :/

I'm going to wrap my exhaust with a heat wrap. Hopefully that is gonna take care of the problem.

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!