P700 Relays for accessories?

Tatortot46

Tatortot46

Aug 1, 2021
PA
Ownership

1. 700-4
Just bought a 2020 700 and I have a list of accessories I'd like to do. Working through my list I'd like to do things in order starting with a fuse block and switch panel. My question is who is putting a relay panel in or just running lights through the switches?

Reactions: Glock21user
Remington

Remington

Deputy Fife POIDH Enforcement Officer
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jul 24, 2016
Michigan
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X
Just bought a 2020 700 and I have a list of accessories I'd like to do. Working through my list I'd like to do things in order starting with a fuse block and switch panel. My question is who is putting a relay panel in or just running lights through the switches?
You want to have relay's for lights. Try not to go direct. The link below is a great easy block to help take care of that for you.
Also, Said u got a new rig. Cant just say that and no pics! 🤨
Pics Or It Didnt Happen!

Auxbeam RGB 8 Gang Auxiliary Switch Panel for Offroad Lights, AR-800 Toggle Momentary Pulsed Switch Panel for Jeep Truck Car UTV SUV Side by Side Marine Boat, Multi-Function 12-24V Waterproof https://www.amazon.com/dp/B09MRT5QHP/?tag=sxsweb24-20

DRZRon1

DRZRon1

May 11, 2019
PA
Ownership

1. Talon X
IMG 4300
I went down a similar road, everything is pre-wired, no cutting holes anywhere, control circuit fused, each circuit relay/fused. pre-wired cable from relay box to switch panel, voltmeter, etc. relay box and switch box are actually steel, circuit breaker and cables included, - basic Jeep stuff

IMG 4309
IMG 4302 IMG 5181

swsebek

swsebek

Red,White And Blue Collar Soul
Lifetime Member
May 4, 2014
pa
Ownership

1. 700-4
I don’t use relays on my accessories.boat, bikes,ATV, or my pioneer. One more thing to go wrong

Glock21user

Glock21user

" Nothing succeeds like excess "
Lifetime Member
Dec 16, 2018
Livingston county, Mi.
Ownership

1. 700-4
I don’t use relays on my accessories.boat, bikes,ATV, or my pioneer. One more thing to go wrong
I disagree.
Use relays.
Relays are a way to keep switches and wiring safe.
They are low current devices intended to carry a higher current across the load terminals than a switch can handle.
Also a short in one device cannot create a daisy chain event and damage other devices..
There is a wealth of knowledge here on the forum ask and we will help.
Easy to do.

Tatortot46

Tatortot46

Aug 1, 2021
PA
Ownership

1. 700-4
For those of you that don't go with the package switch and relay box as shown above and pick up as set of relays. Which do you use water proof or just standard relays?
Also I have no plans of getting my rig in water that comes upto the floor.

swsebek

swsebek

Red,White And Blue Collar Soul
Lifetime Member
May 4, 2014
pa
Ownership

1. 700-4
Water or
For those of you that don't go with the package switch and relay box as shown above and pick up as set of relays. Which do you use water proof or just standard relays?
Also I have no plans of getting my rig in water that comes upto the floor
Water proof is best.

Tatortot46

Tatortot46

Aug 1, 2021
PA
Ownership

1. 700-4
So if I go with water proof relays what about the fuse block? Is the factory relays and fuse block water proof?

I'm only asking these things to get other opinions.

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!