100Acre

Samsquinch the Terrible Magic Bean Manipulator
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Apr 25, 2017
Idaho
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I've been dying to get out of the east for so long and now I'm able to do so, I'm really looking to the northwest and namely Idaho as a strategic relocation move. I'm trying to pick people's brains on places to relocate to in Idaho. If you could live anywhere in Idaho where do you think you would settle down to and why? I really love McCall but land around there is getting overly pricy. I have a few major priorities when looking for land to buy. The first one is that there must be some surface water on site where there is a creek, river or stream or lastly a lake and or pond. Obviously water makes the property prices exponentially higher but I'm willing to pay that in order to get that number one priority covered. I'd also like to live in or near mountains. But with south facing farmable areas for beds etc. Preferred to be far off the main highway or interstate and somewhat rural as opposed to extremely remote. Due to health reasons and or needing to get to town for whatever reason and or work/employment opportunities. I'm looking for land mainly with or without a home. An already existing foundation is always nice though. I'm ok with just a few acres especially if I'm surrounded my millions of sq miles of NF Lands. I've been all over Idaho and am fairly familiar with it but mainly as a wanderer traveling the back roads. I've never spent a tremendous amount of time in any one place besides around McCall and that was only two weeks in the summer. Any advice would be very welcome and much appreciated. Thank you for any responses. 100Acre wants to be near 100,000,000 acres of national forests and wilderness for free wheeling and P5 Footin!

joeymt33

joeymt33

i4WD=imitated 4WD
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Mar 17, 2015
Guntersville, AL
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
Sorry about this being a little off topic but I remember a few years ago on the news some rednecks got busted for using something like that to poach deer on gov property. They had a good run before they got caught. No tracks in and no tracks out!

Sadly, that was 15 minutes from the house.

100Acre

100Acre

Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Apr 25, 2017
Idaho
Ownership

1. 1000-5
You can get permission for some of the rail line companies and there are clubs that group together for those trips. Would be a great way to access fishing locations old mines and so on... Or if the SHTF as a way to get around, away from main roads.

J

JTW

Sorry about this being a little off topic but I remember a few years ago on the news some rednecks got busted for using something like that to poach deer on gov property. They had a good run before they got caught. No tracks in and no tracks out!

Lmao!! Gotta love that redneck ingenuity!

Reactions: 100Acre and sharp
CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Just a Honda doing Honda things.
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
Here You go @CumminsPusher . I wanna do this one day. I thought you'd appreciate this;
Damn you! I know Marie's very well so how'd this escape us??? Walked down tracks just last weekend there so yes this peaked my interest.

CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Just a Honda doing Honda things.
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
Hello...my name is Pablo. My listing price for my property in Idaho is 10,000. If you send me 2,000 upfront we can proceed with title. This is not a scam.
I responded to your Craigslist add and sent the check already. It's all the money we had but I'm sure excited to receive the paperwork in email thanks so much

E

elkguide

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Mar 14, 2017
Vermont
Ownership

1. 1000-3

So you got caught joey?

What are you doing differently now?

100Acre

100Acre

Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Apr 25, 2017
Idaho
Ownership

1. 1000-5
lady at Idaho parks and recreation said a plate is $3. ohv permit its $12.

Reactions: Trapper5885
100Acre

100Acre

Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Apr 25, 2017
Idaho
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I'm gonna register it in Buhl at my buddies place when I get into town.

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!