Remi’s Orange Crush!

Caper

Caper

May 3, 2017
Halifax Nova Scotia
Ownership

1. 500
don't discount rolling your own it ya have time, local scrap yard can be your best friend, .190" scrap sheet, a little pattern making and I then cheated, dropped into auto cad, my buddy has a plasma cutter, Shazam, windshield frame.... dropped off at glass shop for glass/gasket...integrated into roof.

regret, didn't do manual windshield wiper...yet.
regret - overcomplicated vents

View attachment 381460
Is that aluminum he used, and how thick would it be ? You could easily use the original rubber from the top and bottom and sides. I did some metal work and am a jointer by trade, so it’s really just getting the aluminum. Cool
Thanks
Caper

DRZRon1

DRZRon1

May 11, 2019
PA
Ownership

1. Talon X
Looks really good. Wish you were closer so I could take a good look. But that’s what I want. No more plastic. 😊
Caper
thanks - Ii used aluminum, think the glass shop used trim-lok for gasket, no issues....I bought the bottom gasket on amazon

could also get away with .25" steel sheet, rattle can it color of choice, glass shop can help with if .25" is overboard...those trim-lok gaskets have a range they fit in

I live in coal cracker land, so some local inexpensive glass shops, they are always replacing glass on the mining heavy equipment

• Love
Reactions: Buggyman and Caper
Remington

Remington

Deputy Fife POIDH Enforcement Officer
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jul 24, 2016
Michigan
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X
Alright! The power steering mod/upgrade is done. I must say what a kight and day difference. Simply mint! If any of you have a pre Talon factory upgraded power steering, this must be your next mod/upgrade or your foolish cuz we all know if u have larger tires you will have dead steer and that aint cool or safe.

Back to the install. Its involved but worth it. Just take your time or use @TerryH video to help with your install if the SATV instructions mess u up! But they shouldn't. They are straight forward. Also, Terry had a great mod to get rid of the PS light on your dash. At the PS module under the drivers seat, there are three molex’s. One will have a mess of wires coming out of it, cut the yellow with green chase wire and connet a small pice of wire and connect to it and then hook it to the chassis ground right behind it and your good to go. No more light.
heres a link to his video if u like.

Remington

Remington

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jul 24, 2016
Michigan
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X
Pics of the finished PS on mine

Caper

Caper

May 3, 2017
Halifax Nova Scotia
Ownership

1. 500
thanks - Ii used aluminum, think the glass shop used trim-lok for gasket, no issues....I bought the bottom gasket on amazon

could also get away with .25" steel sheet, rattle can it color of choice, glass shop can help with if .25" is overboard...those trim-lok gaskets have a range they fit in

I live in coal cracker land, so some local inexpensive glass shops, they are always replacing glass on the mining heavy equipment
At the yard , shipyard, we put a lot of glass in that rubber. We did the Barge that built the link to PEI, and almost finished at about 3 am, one of my guys was finishing deck head in a corner, close to the corner glass, and banged it with his hand and the whole glass shattered into a million little squares. Haha
We never let him live it down. But wasn’t his fault, glass was too tight.But I know the rubber.
With you it sounds easy. 😊
But definitely going to look into it.
Thanks DRZRon1
Caper

Caper

Caper

May 3, 2017
Halifax Nova Scotia
Ownership

1. 500
Havent rode it yet with the glass on yet, but my buddy @Plumber32 has with his and said they work great.
yes you can close them to keep rain out.
Thanks brother. On the 500 I’ll have to get the bottom bent on the angle. Just need to find someone with a break. Any sheetmetal shop should be able to. Maybe I’ll just get the frame from the guy in Quebec and do the glass and rubber. Awesome
I’ll look into it after my knee
Caper

Bad_bowtie

Bad_bowtie

Huge member
Lifetime Member
Jun 29, 2016
East Tennessee
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X4
Really liking my Superatv glass windshield so far. Looks like the power steering will be my next project. If it can survive on @Adam490 rig it should be a good unit. I wish y'all would quit costing me money!

Remington

Remington

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jul 24, 2016
Michigan
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X
Really liking my Superatv glass windshield so far. Looks like the power steering will be my next project. If it can survive on @Adam490 rig it should be a good unit. I wish y'all would quit costing me money!
Just sell off some of those tame Barr’s you have and youll be able to afford it! 🤣

Smitty335

Smitty335

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 3, 2016
NWA Arkansas
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
Alright! The power steering mod/upgrade is done. I must say what a kight and day difference. Simply mint! If any of you have a pre Talon factory upgraded power steering, this must be your next mod/upgrade or your foolish cuz we all know if u have larger tires you will have dead steer and that aint cool or safe.

Back to the install. Its involved but worth it. Just take your time or use @TerryH video to help with your install if the SATV instructions mess u up! But they shouldn't. They are straight forward. Also, Terry had a great mod to get rid of the PS light on your dash. At the PS module under the drivers seat, there are three molex’s. One will have a mess of wires coming out of it, cut the yellow with green chase wire and connet a small pice of wire and connect to it and then hook it to the chassis ground right behind it and your good to go. No more light.
heres a link to his video if u like.
Boy, @TerryH takes a long time to tell you it's another Honda screw up, but the rest of the video is great!

Last edited:
Remington

Remington

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jul 24, 2016
Michigan
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X
Well, looks like brown Santa is dropping off my Superatv PS kit tommorow. Looking forward to the improved steering, but dreading the install.
Yup, a few miller lites and your good to go bud.
Its not bad. If you need some help, give me a shout. Will get er right in the ole pump station.

Last edited:

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!